ESET Smart security 13.2.15.0 doesn't open files when it scan...

Hi,
since the update today to 13.2.15.0 version, my ESET Smart Security doesn't scan anymore.

All files seems to be locked ("Unable to Open [4]")...
I'm administrator and i've test an advanced  scan (with scan like an administrator) and nothing...

Is it a bug?

I'm on Windows 10 1909 18363.900, up to date.

• Administrators

It is normal that quite many files are exclusively used by the OS and therefore are locked. You should see a quite big number of scanned files when you scan a whole drive, e.g. c:.

Thanks for you answer.

the scan is on since 20 minutes now and only 1572 files seems to be scanned... and this number doesn't grow, it's fixed... About 36000 lines on the log says that it can't be openned...

I think it was a problem...

Ohhh! i've deselected WMI and Registry and the scanned files seems to grow up now :)

What's the matter with that?? WMI & Registry should not be analysed?
Can we unselect them for further standard scan?

Edited by poluxbgames

• Administrators

There is currently an issue that many non-existing objects are attempted to be scanned. This will be fixed in future versions or maybe via an automatic module update.

Ok, so no problem with the real time protection?

A lot of files still seems to be unopened when scanning.. Windows App on program files directory or others..

Is here no risk for real-time security?

• Administrators

Not sure what problems with real-time protection you mean. There are always a couple of files in the system which are exclusively used and cannot be accessed by applications. Which also means that even potential malware would not be able to access them either.

Hi,

the same problem - since the update today to 13.2.15.0 version, my ESET NOD32 doesn't scan anymore.

All files seems to be locked ("Unable to Open [4]").
I'm administrator and i've test an advanced  scan (with scan like an administrator) and nothing.

55 minutes now and only 1080 files seems to be scanned

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, ANDREWIC said:

55 minutes now and only 1080 files seems to be scanned

Try running a smart scan as follows:

1. click Advanced scans
  2. select Custom scan
  3. Click the cog-wheel and select "Smart scan"
  4. Select targets (WMI & registry should not be selected in the Smart scan profile)
  5. Click "Run as administrator"

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

Yes, very bad, but unfortunately the problem also exists in the new build 13.2.16.0 and is an Eset display error.

1 hour ago, SlashRose said:

the problem also exists in the new build 13.2.16.0

I am on pre-release updating and still on 13.2.15. I suspect 13.2.16 is just a regional version of current release. 13.2.16 can be downloaded here: https://www.eset.com/int/home/internet-security/download/ .

Version 13.2.16.0

Fixed: Bug that causes application freeze in limited scenarios

However, Eset English language off-line download web site still shows 13.1.15: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2885-download-and-install-eset-offline-or-install-older-versions-of-eset-products

Edited by itman