Cannot Access ESET Remote Web Console

Windows did an update on the Workstation that the ESET Remote Web Admin Console is hosted on and now I get the error:

This site can’t be reached "IP Address" took too long to respond.

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

The windows update is:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 2004

Installed on 7/9/2020

Experience:  WIndows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

How can I access the server app to enable the web console?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Solved. Somehow the Apache HTTP Server disappeared from the server with the last Windows 10 update to version 2004. Tech support downloaded the all-in-one installer and installed it. I figured it was odd when I looked in the services and Apache was gone. I tried to fix the issue by installing Apache but that didn't work. I figure I installed the wrong version, version 8. The version in the all-in-one package is 7. Thanks to Tech Support! I would have figured it out, but it would have taken me a lot longer than it did for support to fix it.

Windows updates can do some strange things to PCs. I am thinking about installing the server on Linux. Any advice on that?

• ESET Staff

I would stick to system that most suits your needs. Linux might require little more skill to administer, especially in case features like AD integation/login is required.

Regardless of that, it is for the first time we hear that something like this can happen, but it might be triggered by fact that you are using "desktop" operating system, which is not recommended for server applications. Also more recent versions do use Tomcat 9 so it is possible that older version 7 was not compatible with latest operating system, which might have resulted in it's uninstallation that system upgrade is not blocked.