Jump to content

Release 13.2.15 before official announcement


Recommended Posts

Hello,

Yesterday NOD32 urged me to upgrade to 13.2.15, but there was no official mention of this new version here.

Only a few hours ago you published here such an announcement post...

This is a bad way of work - before I upgrade, I wish to know what is changed.

Please, in the future - do not release the binaries to be updated at clients before you have a public matching post with details about the new version.

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A day after is not shortly.

It is not acceptable that a client will have an upgrade prompt at the software - but a changelog post will not be available. it is a very simple and fair practice. I think Eset can achieve this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

Are you positive that the changelog on www.eset.com was posted a day after? I can check it out with the staff responsible for the download page to make sure the changelog was posted on time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Positive. I got the upgrade push message toward the end of yesterday and applied it but didn't restart until today. see attached screenshots.

You are not correlated internally, but customers see the outcome in their reality. please sync yourselves.

eset-nod32-event-log-version-13.2.15.png

eset-nod32-forum-change-log-version-13.2.15.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members

Just wait till you see official notes before you upgrade , or refuse the upgrade if you don't know the changes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you serious?! you tell me to which "correct" place I should go to find the changelog?!

I just do a fast googling of "nod32 changelog" which brings me to this forum - which always has at the top any changelog for a new version. Why should you force me to go to the download page (when the app itself do the download...) to find the changelog at the time of distribution??

A simple text paragraph that Eset can post in a few minutes anywhere on any of its sites and even 1 day before the actual release?? what is the problem stating "In the near day we will release a new version of ... with these changes..."?

Did you even thought about adding the changelog text or a link to it - to the binary announcement at the client software? Think what is best for the customer!

This is SO unprofessional! What is wrong with you people? get your stuff together!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members

You are just angry at something that you can't change , all companies do the same , they release an update and then they give the change notes after a while , or go meet Microsoft , they won't tell you what changed. or say hello to Steam

I don't represent ESET , and I don't work for them , but a delay of a bit or few hours after being posted in their download page and after that to their forum , it doesn't mean anything bad , they have posted it they didn't hide them , It's just a matter of a little bit of time delaying the upgrade so you can read the notes and after than initiate your upgrade or delay it for next version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eitanc said:

Are you serious?! you tell me to which "correct" place I should go to find the changelog?!

I just do a fast googling of "nod32 changelog" which brings me to this forum - which always has at the top any changelog for a new version. Why should you force me to go to the download page (when the app itself do the download...) to find the changelog at the time of distribution??

A simple text paragraph that Eset can post in a few minutes anywhere on any of its sites and even 1 day before the actual release?? what is the problem stating "In the near day we will release a new version of ... with these changes..."?

Did you even thought about adding the changelog text or a link to it - to the binary announcement at the client software? Think what is best for the customer!

This is SO unprofessional! What is wrong with you people? get your stuff together!

I don't normally jump in on these types of conversations (rants) ... but I have to say that of all the technology companies I deal with (and have dealt with), ESET is probably the most professional and transparent - and willing to acknowledge when there is an issue. These peer to peer forums are not official support pages, although to ESET's credit, their staff are here all the time providing direct and indirect assistance. In other words, they are paying attention. As @Marcos pointed out, the official change log page was updated at about the same moment that the update went live for those on the stable release channel who were seeking it via 'check for updates.'

Add a bookmark to your browser favorites and move on.  🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Microsoft releases every month updates to the Office 365 suite and posts changelog here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-microsoft365-apps-by-date

It does SEVERAL hours after the updates are available. You can check next week (patch tuesday).

Many other Software vendors do the same.

Please calm down and move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, really... So others are worse, so what? strive for better. It is not so hard to publish BEFORE, to coordinate it. You are used to low standards. Push for better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

As far as I know, it's a rule of thumb that vendors publish changelogs with the release which also happened this time. In the course of testing a new version, changes may not be final and may still occur to the final version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, eitanc said:

Guys, really... So others are worse, so what? strive for better. It is not so hard to publish BEFORE, to coordinate it. You are used to low standards. Push for better.

These forums are not the official support pages. Change logs are posted here as a courtesy. Bookmark https://www.eset.com/us/home/antivirus/download/, click on 'Advanced download,' and the current change log will be available. ESET has some of the best support in the industry. The fact you don't want to go to the official change log page seems to be the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, joloriquelme said:

Microsoft releases every month updates to the Office 365 suite and posts changelog here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-microsoft365-apps-by-date

It does SEVERAL hours after the updates are available. You can check next week (patch tuesday).

Many other Software vendors do the same.

Please calm down and move on.

Sometimes it even takes a day or two for the change log to go live on the Microsoft (Office) 365 page! The stagger the rollout of updates, and don't always update the change log until the release has been widely installed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, eitanc said:

Are you serious?! you tell me to which "correct" place I should go to find the changelog?!

I just do a fast googling of "nod32 changelog" which brings me to this forum - which always has at the top any changelog for a new version. Why should you force me to go to the download page (when the app itself do the download...) to find the changelog at the time of distribution??

A simple text paragraph that Eset can post in a few minutes anywhere on any of its sites and even 1 day before the actual release?? what is the problem stating "In the near day we will release a new version of ... with these changes..."?

Did you even thought about adding the changelog text or a link to it - to the binary announcement at the client software? Think what is best for the customer!

This is SO unprofessional! What is wrong with you people? get your stuff together!

What a drama about a changelog, ESET software is not going to explode your PC, calm down.

Edited by fabioquadros_
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 10:53 AM, howardagoldberg said:

and willing to acknowledge when there is an issue

can you give me one-two examples when ESET acknowledged an issue and did not blame the customer???

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, local said:

can you give me one-two examples when ESET acknowledged an issue and did not blame the customer???

I would have to go through the many posts I've made over the years I have participated in this forum to give you specific examples, but suffice it to say ... I have posted at least several dozen times, and the responsiveness of other forum members and ESET staff has generally been outstanding. 

By the way, I am not an ESET employee - just to be clear. I have been using ESET products for probably 20 years now. I have their products installed on 3 Windows machines, 2 Macs, and 1 Android. This forum has been the source of much valuable information and support.

Edited by howardagoldberg
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ESET Insiders
18 minutes ago, local said:

can you give me one-two examples when ESET acknowledged an issue and did not blame the customer???

2 hours ago

You have 38 posts of complains, if ESET is so bad and there's a free other products are better with 100% protection as you said before, let me ask you again since you ignored to answer every time

Why you still using ESET if you see it very bad ?

Are you even using ESET ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...