SendRequestAndHandleResponse: Rpc message response INTERNAL_ERROR

• Most Valued Members

Recently, I've been alerted to systems not connecting to the ESMC server.  I logged on and noticed that all machines weren't connecting.  I looked at one workstation's status.html and saw the following:

08:33:52 ERROR: SendRequestAndHandleResponse: Rpc message response INTERNAL_ERROR. Error message:
  • Replication details: [Task: CReplicationConsistencyTask, Scenario: Automatic replication (REGULAR), Connection: esmc.server.local:2222, Connection established: true, Replication inconsistency detected: false, Server busy state detected: false, Realm change detected: false, Realm uuid: <some uuid>, Sent logs: 0, Cached static objects: 47, Cached static object groups: 9, Static objects to save: 0, Static objects to delete: 0, Modified static objects: 0]
  • All replication attempts: 60661

I'm seeing the same error in the trace.log. 

[Another issue is the updates reporting an error: "Update information is not consistent"  but I'm thinking this might just be because updates via mirrortool has been inconsistent.  Network hiccups or something of the like.  Not sure.  Right now, I'm running the MirrorTool to update the updates repo; but it's slow as heck.  ] 

I'm getting the feeling that something 'bad' is going on in the network; but at this moment, I can't pinpoint out what's bugging it. 

Might anyone have any idea what might be the problem? 

Thanks

Edmund

• Administrators

Don't know about the internal error, probably a support ticket will be needed for further analysis and troubleshooting, however, the error "Update information is not consistent" reported by the updater is caused by malformed content of the mirror.

Is the mirror the only option for you how to update ESET? A much better solution would be updating through an http proxy if at least one of the machines was connected to the Internet.