SysRescue scanning in CSM

Hello

Today i have downloaded a sysrescue file, mounted it on usb then i plugged it in other PC and rebooted it in order to launch scanner. First time it didn't work just displayed "(unitramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system." along with "unknown chipset" and some other messages. I then changed boot option from UEFI to csm and it worked. My question is does the boot option matters in this case? Can the scan break some system files or will it be as effective? I'm using scanner on windows 10.  I sincerely apologize for the amount of stupidity in this post, i just need to know.

When you booted, did you select the appropriate keyboard key; e.g. F12, which displays a BIOS screen screen were you can select media to boot from; i.e. USB drive?

My best guess at this point is the software used to create the USB bootable media internally stored system data; e.g. UEFI data, on the media. When you attempted to use the media on another PC, the above UEFI data obviously was different. 

Does the SysRescue USB bootable media work w/o issue on the device it was created on?