Do I need to re-install after renewal

jarhtmd

I've used Eset Nod32 antivirus for at least 5 or 6 years.  It's was "install & forget" because it does such a good job.  I don't remember the nitty-gritty about each time I renewed.  I have just had an auto renewal.  The "Important ESET NOD32 Antivirus license information" email that I got today says "Thank you for choosing ESET", "Install and activate your product", as if I was a brand new customer.  My current version (13.1.21.0) was updated today.  Surely, I don't have to actually install again? Do I?

• Administrators

You don't have to do anything else after purchasing a renewal since your license key stays same. Only the validity of your license will be extended on the backend.

For the future I'd recommend considering upgrade to ESET Internet Security or ESET Smart Security Premium. The main reason is that ESET NOD32 Antivirus doesn't contain a firewall and network attack protection that can protect your machine from brute-force RDP and SMB attacks as well as from malicious communication exploiting vulnerabilities in network protocols. In the past the network attack protection module managed to protect our users from the infamous WannaCry which exploited EternalBlue developed by NSA that leaked at some point and was misused by adversaries for spreading malware.