ESET Command Line Interface (64 bits)

My system is Windows 10, Home Edition, 64-bits.  I have ESET Internet Security, version 13.1.21.0, and I rely on SUMO to help me update my programs.  According to SUMO, there is a new version of ESET Command Line Interface (64 bits), I believe it is version 10.15.27.0.  I have two questions, 1) Do I really need ESET Command Line Interface (64 bits)?  And, 2) If I need it, where do I download it?  As always I will appreciate all replies and I would thank you in advance.

John

Are you stating that SUMO has the capability to update individual Eset components? If so, I would say this is a no-no.

Eset updates itself in various ways and always using its internal components to do so. Using any other means is a sure recipe for getting either hacked or ending up with a corrupted Eset installation.

In regards to ecmds.exe, the latest version of Eset, 13.2.14, now rolling to devices shows that ecmds.exe is now ver. 10.15.27.0. As far as whether 32 bit or 64 bit Eset components are installed, that depends on what like Win OS version you are using.

• Administrators

Advanced ecmd commands should work with business security products. Some commands, such as pausing protection, are limited for use only from within the ESMC console.

• Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, jcummins said:

My system is Windows 10, Home Edition, 64-bits.  I have ESET Internet Security, version 13.1.21.0, and I rely on SUMO to help me update my programs.  According to SUMO, there is a new version of ESET Command Line Interface (64 bits), I believe it is version 10.15.27.0.  I have two questions, 1) Do I really need ESET Command Line Interface (64 bits)?  And, 2) If I need it, where do I download it?  As always I will appreciate all replies and I would thank you in advance.

John

7 hours ago, itman said:

Are you stating that SUMO has the capability to update individual Eset components? If so, I would say this is a no-no.

Eset updates itself in various ways and always using its internal components to do so. Using any other means is a sure recipe for getting either hacked or ending up with a corrupted Eset installation.

In regards to ecmds.exe, the latest version of Eset, 13.2.14, now rolling to devices shows that ecmds.exe is now ver. 10.15.27.0. As far as whether 32 bit or 64 bit Eset components are installed, that depends on what like Win OS version you are using.

Sumo doesn't actually update anything but tells users if updates are available. It is user populated so only knows when a new version is available when some of its users have it installed and detected by Sumo. I believe it has to be seen used by a few users before it flags.

It is a handy program but can be problematic. It is bad for hardware specific things such as printers because it will say a new version is available but it might be only available for specific printers such as newer ones.

I wish to thank all replying and will try to respond to each.  First, itman.  No SUMO does not have the capability to update individual ESET components, at least not to my knowledge.  SUMO is only a means to update a users computer programs.  I use SUMO Free and it alerts me to what programs, on my computer, have available updates.  I manually update the programs myself.  Second, Marcos.  Your comments are above my expertise.  I only know enough to get myself into trouble.  Three, Peteyt.  SUMO offers a paid and free version.  The paid version not only alerts the user to an update but will also install the update if the user wants, I believe from the SUMO server.  I am not sure why SUMO alerted me to the ESET Command Line Interface (64 bits) update.  But, most likely something I did.  To be fair to SUMO it may do more but for me I am only interested in the program updates.  Again, thanks!

John  

• Administrators

Did you register under a different account? Is there any reason why you haven't posted under "jcummins" last time? Duplicate accounts are forbidden by forum rules.

As for SUMO, it shows correct information for me. I have v13.2.14 installed.

image.png

• Most Valued Members
14 hours ago, Cummins said:

I wish to thank all replying and will try to respond to each.  First, itman.  No SUMO does not have the capability to update individual ESET components, at least not to my knowledge.  SUMO is only a means to update a users computer programs.  I use SUMO Free and it alerts me to what programs, on my computer, have available updates.  I manually update the programs myself.  Second, Marcos.  Your comments are above my expertise.  I only know enough to get myself into trouble.  Three, Peteyt.  SUMO offers a paid and free version.  The paid version not only alerts the user to an update but will also install the update if the user wants, I believe from the SUMO server.  I am not sure why SUMO alerted me to the ESET Command Line Interface (64 bits) update.  But, most likely something I did.  To be fair to SUMO it may do more but for me I am only interested in the program updates.  Again, thanks!

John  

Even the pro version doesn't automatically update anything it just has the ability to give a direct link to the programs website. It's one of the reasons I've never upgraded to the pro as it doesn't really have any benefits. 

Marcos, believe me I have no intention of violating Forum Rules; but, I obviously did and for this I do apologize.  I believe I have accounts with an email address of 1) j.......s@frontier.com, 2) j......s@twc.com, and 3) j.......s@yahoo.com.  The reason I have a third account "j.......s@yahoo.com" is I couldn't sign on the other two.  I couldn't sign on the first two accounts because I don't remember either the username or the password.  I was able to open the third account last night and was able to access it today, so I know it works.  If I could I would delete the first two myself but as I understand it to delete an account you have to access it which I cannot.  If the accounts, j.......s@frontier.com and j.....s@twc.com can be deleted I would appreciate it very much.  Please don't delete j.......s@yahoo.com as it is the only account that I can access the forum with.  Please advise.     

Edited by Marcos
Email addresses onfuscated for privacy protection reasons

• Most Valued Members
9 hours ago, Cummins said:

Marcos, believe me I have no intention of violating Forum Rules; but, I obviously did and for this I do apologize.  I believe I have accounts with an email address of 1) j.......s@frontier.com, 2) j......s@twc.com, and 3) j.......s@yahoo.com.  The reason I have a third account "j.......s@yahoo.com" is I couldn't sign on the other two.  I couldn't sign on the first two accounts because I don't remember either the username or the password.  I was able to open the third account last night and was able to access it today, so I know it works.  If I could I would delete the first two myself but as I understand it to delete an account you have to access it which I cannot.  If the accounts, j.......s@frontier.com and j.....s@twc.com can be deleted I would appreciate it very much.  Please don't delete j.......s@yahoo.com as it is the only account that I can access the forum with.  Please advise.         

Have you tried to recover the password

• Administrators

As peteyt wrote, did you try to recover the password via the appropriate option on the sign-in screen? We'll try to merge your accounts under your last one registered with j.......s@yahoo.com.

image.png

I tried numerous times, up until I was finally locked out, I am 75 years old and my memory just isn't as good as it once was.  Add to that I switched from using a desktop to a laptop, my internet provider Frontier.com changed to Spectrum.com and my email provider was also changed from Frontier.com to Spectrum.com.  Sorry for being such a nuisance.

John