Resetting Browser for Banking + Payment

Hello, 

How do I change the settings for the default browser for Banking & Payment Protection. 

At the moment, it is calibrated to Internet Explorer 11 which is incompatible with many websites.  

Any help is appreciated

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem.  A few months ago, both my laptop and my desktop were using Google Chrome whenever I chose to use the ESET Secure Browser.  Now, my laptop has started using IE11, and my desktop has started using Firefox (latest 64-bit), independent of any choice on my part!  My Default Windows 10 System Settings (for version 2004) do not have IE or FIrefox as the Default Browser.  How can I restore the use of the browser of my choice as the Secure Browser??

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Bob777K said:

My Default Windows 10 System Settings (for version 2004) do not have IE or FIrefox as the Default Browser.  How can I restore the use of the browser of my choice as the Secure Browser??

What default browser do you use in Windows 10? And what browser is actually used as a secure browser?

• 2 weeks later...

Marcos,

I was sure that I responded to your questions on August 3rd, but I don't see it anywhere.  My default browser for my laptop had been the Viasat browser (Chromium-based), and the default for my desktop had been Google Chrome.

Now, the secure browser used by my laptop is always Internet Explorer (which is installed, but had never been used as the secure browser until very recently).  The secure browser now being used by my desktop is Firefox.

Needless to say, I was surprised when the secure browser changed without my intervention.  I assume at this point that this is due either to my upgrade of laptop and desktop to Windows 10 version 2004, or to the recent update of ESET Internet Security to version 13.2.16.0.  Both upgrades took place in the latter half of July, I believe.

I appreciate whatever help you can provide!

Regards, Bob

7 minutes ago, Bob777K said:

My default browser for my laptop had been the Viasat browser (Chromium-based)

Officially, Eset B&PP only supports the following browsers:

Supported browsers: Internet Explorer (8.0.0.0+), Microsoft Edge (83.0.0.0+), Google Chrome (64.0.0.0+) and Firefox (24.0.0.0+).

https://support.eset.com/en/how-to-use-eset-banking-and-payment-protection

If it worked previously with this Viasat browser, it was probably a "fluke."

Perhaps it was a fluke that the Viasat browser worked, since it is not officially "sanctioned".  That still does not explain why the browser used for B&PP in recent weeks changed without my intervention on both my laptop and desktop systems, nor why in one case it switched to IE, and in the other to Firefox (both of my Windows 10 systems have installations of IE and Firefox, as well as Chrome).

On the device with the Viasat browser, Eset B&PP will default to using IE11 when the Windows default browser is set to an unsupported Eset browser. Assumed is the Windows default browser is set to Viasat browser.

On the other device as long as the Windows default browser is set to a supported Eset browser, Eset B&PP will use that browser. 

Eset does not change the Windows default browser.

Now I understand how this process works, and I have successfully changed the secure browser to my desired "supported" preference on both systems.  Thanks for your patience in explaining the browser priorities to me!

Regards,

Bob