Jump to content
offbyone

Mirror Tool Problem

Recommended Posts

We have a strange problem with mirror tool.

Whenever a mirror task gets interrupted for whatever reason. Subsequent mirror tasks run incredible slow. This is absolutely reproducible.  Only chance to recover from this is to reboot the computer.

Is this a known problem and is there any workaround for that?

THX for you help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is even worse.

Running the tool the first time runs without problem. Running it a second time is getting incredible slow (hangs)? To recover from it you have to reboot the machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible to check from which server/IP address is data downloaded? We have seen such behavior in case different data centers were used, especially US datacenters might be slow in case MirrorTool is executed in EU and vice versa.

Are you using MirrorTool to create offline update mirror for products, or offline repository to be used in ESMC for deployment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We are doing both. Currently we are trying to mirror repo.

Downloading is done from 91.228.167.23 which worked fine for one msi file. Then for what I can see on the next msi it switched to 91.228.167.25 and stall again.

Cheers.

 

Edited by offbyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same thing again today

91.228.167.25 -> slow
91.228.166.23 -> fast

To circumvent the problem I set --repositoryServer to hxxp://91.228.166.23/v1 which seems to work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 9:29 PM, offbyone said:

Same thing again today

91.228.167.25 -> slow
91.228.166.23 -> fast

To circumvent the problem I set --repositoryServer to hxxp://91.228.166.23/v1 which seems to work.

 

Could you please provide us tracert or similar logs that would show us your network routing to those datacenters? We are aware of one similar issue, occurring when specific telecommunication operator (global company from Germany...) is used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Routenverfolgung zu 91-228-167-25.ptr.eset.com [91.228.167.25] über maximal 30 Abschnitte:

  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
  2     5 ms     4 ms     5 ms  p3e9bf089.dip0.t-ipconnect.de [62.155.240.137]
  3    12 ms    18 ms    12 ms  pd9ef2ca2.dip0.t-ipconnect.de [217.239.44.162]
  4    14 ms    14 ms    13 ms  80.157.201.198
  5    14 ms    14 ms    14 ms  be3187.ccr42.fra03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.1.118]
  6    19 ms    18 ms    18 ms  be2960.ccr22.muc03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.36.254]
  7    25 ms    25 ms    25 ms  be3462.ccr52.vie01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.59.181]
  8    31 ms    27 ms    28 ms  149.6.174.42
  9    26 ms    26 ms    26 ms  91-228-167-25.ptr.eset.com [91.228.167.25]
Routenverfolgung zu 91-228-166-23.ptr.eset.com [91.228.166.23] über maximal 30 Abschnitte:

  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
  2    18 ms     5 ms     4 ms  p3e9bf089.dip0.t-ipconnect.de [62.155.240.137]
  3    26 ms    26 ms    26 ms  pd9ef2e3e.dip0.t-ipconnect.de [217.239.46.62]
  4    26 ms    26 ms    26 ms  80.150.170.82
  5    26 ms    25 ms    26 ms  dupdevs-static-222.213-81-253.telecom.sk [213.81.253.222]
  6     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
  7     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
  8    30 ms    31 ms    30 ms  91-228-166-23.ptr.eset.com [91.228.166.23]

 

Access Provider is "Deutsche Telekom"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, offbyone said:

Access Provider is "Deutsche Telekom"

Thanks for confirmation. It is currently in analysis whether we can somehow resolve this issues, which seems to be well known and affecting not only ESET infrastructure. See for example this document: https://www.cogentco.com/files/docs/news/press_releases/Cogent_Sues_Deutsche_Telekom_for_Congesting_Internet_Connections.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has been a few changes implemented in DNS servers that should possibly help with this case, as problematic data center should be used only as a fallback for connections from Germany.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

From here it still works very unreliable.

Since yesterday I try to create an offline repro without success. On every attempt it is interrupted at a different file with the message.

Error: Downloading file : ......

Error occured.

Cheers.

Edited by offbyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems that indeed this is a problem with one carrier in Germany.

We have implemented ESET for two customers meanwhile which use a different carrier in Germany and there we have no problems.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...