Delay start-up of Eset Smart Security

Hi, I'm new here and you've probably seen the following before so, for that, I apologise; anyhow, here it goes: is there a way to effectively delay the start-up of Eset smart security? I've tried Startup Delayer but to no avail. The problem is that Startup Delayer only delays the program's startup but not the service's and when the latter starts at boot it automatically starts the program as well. There's no point going into the services because Eset won't allow any changes. Many programs allow their start-up to be delayed from within their own settings but Eset doesn't seem to have such an option. 

The point with all this is very trivial to be fair; I'm in an unspoken rivalry with a friend as to who's Windows 7 boots more quickly and I'm merely looking to see if I can shave another second off my boot-time.

Should they be needed, here are my specs:

- Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 heavily tweaked (the OS, drivers and BIOS are up-to-date)

- Asus Sabertooth X58

- Intel i7-970 @ 3600 Mhz

- 12 GB (3 x 4) Corsair Dominator DDR3 - PC12800 - 1600Mhz triple channel stock

- Samsung 840 pro 256gb SSD fully optimised and linked via Marvell SATAIII adapter

- Nvidia GTX 570 stock 

- OCZ ZX1000W gold

- Eset Smart Security 7.0.302.26 (as far as I know, latest version at the time of writing)

- If anybody's curious, my boot-time is 15 seconds!

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

• Administrators

Ekrn is an essential process and must be started as soon as possible in order to provide effective protection. Startup scans and the initial update are delayed by default.

Ekrn is an essential process and must be started as soon as possible in order to provide effective protection. Startup scans and the initial update are delayed by default.

Well, I take it the answer is "impossible" then. Though, I guess it's a very small price to pay for my piece of mind provided by the best security software on the planet.

Thanks again.

regards, D