Console Workstation View

using ESET Cloud Administrator (version: 1.2.108.0) and wondering whether there is any view that allows me to see if a workstation is actually online/live ?  While I can see under "Computers" when the last update was done, I wonder if there is some view that allows me to check if someone is already working on the pc, ie could I run a scan.  Our workstations are turned off normally after work.

• ESET Staff

What you can also check, is to drill down into the computer details, and in the overview tab, there should be indication whether there is any user currently logged in. 

I had seen the last connected tab under overview or under details but that to me seemed to indicate the last connection to the cloud to check for updates.  Done some testing and it seems that is correct. Once  a pc is turned off, the time shown there remains unchanged. So I guess by comparing this to other PC you can draw the conclusion that the pc is offline.  Not sure how often a connection is normally initiated?  Looks like every 10 minutes or does that vary?

• ESET Staff
7 hours ago, beethoven said:

I had seen the last connected tab under overview or under details but that to me seemed to indicate the last connection to the cloud to check for updates.  Done some testing and it seems that is correct. Once  a pc is turned off, the time shown there remains unchanged. So I guess by comparing this to other PC you can draw the conclusion that the pc is offline.  Not sure how often a connection is normally initiated?  Looks like every 10 minutes or does that vary?

Currently it is indeed 10 minutes. Client might connect more often in case of manually initiated wake-up call or when high-severity incidents are detected, which are sent to console immediately.

Regardless of interval, in case last connection time is not updating, it might indicate that device is offline, but also it might be just not connecting, for example due to network state.