I have Problem after reinstall endpoint

Amiran

Hello Dear Administration..

i have paid license.. and created an Endpoint Security managment ...

after some period i forgot an agent password ( it was required to remove product from computer  ) after many try i have removed server and installed fresh one ...

now i have problems with client computers.. my endpoint is see the computers in active directory but .. its not connectin to them... 

i dont have found any solutions what to do... can you recommend me to do any way? to fix that problem? 

• ESET Staff

If I do understand it correctly, you have left the "agents protected by password" on your client computers, and uninstalled ESMC server + installed a fresh one. I assume that you have not performed the certificates backup from the old server. 

Please note, that what you should have done, is to just remove the "agent password" via policy (reset it to empty value and then apply the settings to all of your computers). I do not want to be a bad prophet, but I hope either @Marcos or @MartinK would have some suggestions. 

On 6/16/2020 at 11:39 AM, MichalJ said:

If I do understand it correctly, you have left the "agents protected by password" on your client computers, and uninstalled ESMC server + installed a fresh one. I assume that you have not performed the certificates backup from the old server. 

Please note, that what you should have done, is to just remove the "agent password" via policy (reset it to empty value and then apply the settings to all of your computers). I do not want to be a bad prophet, but I hope either @Marcos or @MartinK would have some suggestions. 

thanks for your replay yes u understand right ... but am stuck am unable to reconect alreary installed pc s i dont know what to i updated everything but has no solution 😕  i try empty password agent but it refused .. says no access i dont know what to do ... last day @Macros was seen my topic but no replays from him 

• Administrators

To find out possible agent connection issues, please check C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html and trace.log on troublesome clients.

If there are connection issues, have you tried reinstalling agent while using the current peer agent and CA certificate?

20 minutes ago, Marcos said:

To find out possible agent connection issues, please check C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html and trace.log on troublesome clients.

If there are connection issues, have you tried reinstalling agent while using the current peer agent and CA certificate?

era help1.jpg

era help2.jpg

i will try declare my situation carefuly...

1) when i setup the server in 2017 year .. it was correctly everything works fine ..

2) once i needed to remove the Eset software from PC it requested from me password i was not remember what i did used 3 years ago... so i have think i will setup a new ESMC and will reconfigure everything freshly...

3) i have installed new ESMC configured it for me add licenses that i have and sync users...

4) When i try to connect deploy agent or do something it refusing ... i not understand what is happening here ..

trying to find some KB for this help but nothing is here

• ESET Staff

Could you please provide logs, or at least screenshots from one of affected clients, i.e. endpoint that is not reporting to ESMC? Previously provided log are clearly from ESMC Agent installed on the same machine as is ESMC server, and it seems to operate normally = it is connecting to ESMC, probably because it was reinstalled during re-deployment of ESMC.

7 hours ago, MartinK said:

Could you please provide logs, or at least screenshots from one of affected clients, i.e. endpoint that is not reporting to ESMC? Previously provided log are clearly from ESMC Agent installed on the same machine as is ESMC server, and it seems to operate normally = it is connecting to ESMC, probably because it was reinstalled during re-deployment of ESMC.

maybe i trying to do something in wrong place or not understanding ..

i have installed and when i try deploy agent to all computers its says no acces...

when i login it show me computers .. but its not connecting to them :( status of them is unmanaged but why? i did sync no result

ESET.JPG

• Administrators

Is the problem with the machine the ESMC server is installed on? At least you provided a screen shot of status.html from the server, not from a client that has issues reporting to the server.

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Is the problem with the machine the ESMC server is installed on? At least you provided a screen shot of status.html from the server, not from a client that has issues reporting to the server.

report i pasted from endpoint server machine .. and not client pc am unable to sync server and client machines how i can get the log? 

• Administrators

Please provide status.html and trace.log but from a troublesome client, not from the server that ESMC is installed on.

3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please provide status.html and trace.log but from a troublesome client, not from the server that ESMC is installed on.

ok will try right for now

11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

here is the log from one PC/Computer which is not connecting to endpoint ... i just removed hostname (in screenshot )

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

• Administrators

You have an issue with certificates. Create a live agent installer via the ESMC console and run it on the troublesome clients.

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You have an issue with certificates. Create a live agent installer via the ESMC console and run it on the troublesome clients.

i have created live agent but its not runing says i have no acces but really have acces.. :/ and run step one by one ? directly on 700pcs ????