Relation between MSP users, EBA

Hello

I'm having troubles figuring exactly how things works / are linked now between new MSP console and EBA.

Up to now we had EMA (v1 - to manage MSP licences and users - end of life) -> ELA (with users created in EMA to manage activated devices - end of life) -> ESMC

Now the link seems to be MSP(v2 - to manage MSP licences and users) -> EBA (but only necessary in some cases, like grouping Dynamic Threat Defense and MSP licences in one account - activated devices can be managed through MSP) -> ESMC

• Is this correct ?
  • If yes, whats the relation between the user created in MSP and EBA ? Because it seems the user created with MSP can be used for EBA using this assistant for country / company setup, but then it doesn't contain the licences that were created in MSP and allowed to be managed by the user.
  • I'm not sure in what cases EBA would be necessary, AFAIK it would be to use Cloud Administrator or to group licences in one account, but what other reasons ?

Thanks for the help, I'm trying to figure this out for a few days already. Maybe I just didn't look at the right place.

• ESET Staff

Hello @karsayor, in general you do not need EBA at all, unless you do have any license that is "non MSP". 

EMA account and EBA account is in fact the same account on the backend, meaning you have the same e-mail address, and password.

Once you have been migrated to MSP Administrator 2, you can use your EMA 2 credentials to synchronize all of your MSP licenses with ESMC. EBA is needed only in case when you have a traditional license, that was obtained outside of EMA. Please note, once ESET Dynamic Threat Defense is available in EMA, EBA won´t be needed as well.

In Q4/2020, we will make available ESMCC, which would be a solution that would replace ECA, and also remove the 250 upper seat limit for management of devices. Once a compatible license is ordered via EMA 2, it will directly allow you to setup your ESMCC instance, so you can have a fully cloud based ESET Management Environment for your MSP, consisting of EMA 2 + ESMCC.

In case of any further questions, please let me know. 

Hello @MichalJ

Thank you, very helpful !

Is it normal then that the licence assigned to an EMA/EBA account in MSP console V2 doesn't appear in EBA ? Will it still appear in ESMC when adding the account ?

• ESET Staff

Yes, @karsayor it is completely normal. As mentioned, what was previously solved in EMA 1 (ordering) and ELA (transport of the license / management of seats), is now handled just by EMA 2. So if you have only MSP licenses, the only system you need to use is EMA 2. Just add your EMA 2 account into ESMC, and all of your MSP licenses will be automatically synchronized there. 

EMA 2 also features the views that will show you the seat usage and list all of the activated seats under any chosen license, with the option to deactivate them, for example in case computer was malfunctioning, so you can free up the license quantity for future usage. 

Edited by MichalJ

Ok I get it. But if I have a mix of both, for example I have all licences created in MSP console except Dynamic Threat Defense which is a normal license for now since not available in MSP, then waht shall I do ?

Add the Dynamic Threat Licence to the same account in EBA and then add this account to ESMC -> will show MSP and Dynamic Threat license ?

• ESET Staff

Yes, that´s the way to go. If you have one account name.surname@company.com used for both EMA and EBA, just add the EDTD license under the EBA portion of the account, and then when you add this into ESMC, you will see licenses from both EBA and EMA. I have it done that way in my setup, and it works correctly.