Package Repositories

Hi all,

I've been having a look round ESET web portal for the first time this morning (i'm fairly new to my current organisation) and i've noticed 95% of package repositories are not enabled. No one here seems to know too much about this and wondered if it's something i should be checking out and enabling all the repositories?  Could anyone advise?

Thanks, J

• Administrators

You have posted in the forum for consumer products ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium. However, consumer products have nothing to do with repositories; they are only used to provide program updates.

What ESET products do you use? What do you mean by ESET web portal? Is it my.eset.com or eba.eset.com for business users? Please provide a screen shot for clarification.

Hi Marcos,

Apologies for posting in the wrong forum! Feel free to move it to the correct forum for this.

We are an ESET business user, and log into the ESET Remote Administrator on our server for things like updating the repositories. I've taken a screen shot of the portal showing the disabled repositories.

Thanks,

J

Capture.PNG

• Administrators

I assume the other repositories should not be needed to update the OS and components that ESMC uses. If you need to install additional components that are not included in repositories enabled by default, you can enable other repositories as well.