Windows Push or Diagnostics not working - just hanging at In Progress

Go to solution Solved by Zurd,

We deployed ESET Endpoint Antivirus on a dozen of computers yesterday. 3 of them cannot be installed, even a simple diagnostics just hangs at In Progress. We can ping them, they are online, not in sleep mode, we rebooted the computer, they do not have an antivirus on it, windows firewall is even disabled. They are simple Windows 7 Pro. Cannot find any log on what's going on.

One of them finally finished. Took 22 minutes to perform a Diagnostics. Everything went fine except:

Registering ESET Installer as a Service : Result Code: 1460 (This operation returned because the timeout period expired).

Diagnostics conclusion : Result Code : 1603 (Fatal error during installation).

Help would be appreciated.

Hello Zurd,

Try setting the ESET ERA Server service, to logon using domain level credentials, instead of local system account.

Make sure those problematic clients have UAC turned completely off.

Ensure those clients and/or the logon credentials used have full access to Admin$ share.

Maybe that will help you get going. If not report back again. :)

• Administrators

It'd be interesting to know if installing Endpoint on that computer locally completes without an error.

The second one returned:

"Could not install ESET Installer on target computer (SC error code 15, GLE error code 0)"

This same one said IPC$ and ADMIN$ Connection completed succesfully like all the other tests. Doing a Diagnostic return a complete succes.

Weirdly the third one just worked fine this time!

I think you're right Marcos, we need to install them locally and see what's going on. I thought ESET RAC would provide more information.

I think you're right Marcos, we need to install them locally and see what's going on. I thought ESET RAC would provide more information.

Actually in the Install Tasks tab, if you double click the Remote Install task, then choose details tab, then double click your client again, you should be presented with informative diagnostics.

I have attached a picture to make sure you see the right dialogue.

post-1101-0-23216100-1399412179_thumb.jpg

Indeed there is this window which we know about.

One of the computer doesn't have this window. Double-clicking on it doesn't do anything (Result Code: 1460)

For the second computer, this window says everything is sucessful but still doesn't install (SC error code 15, GLE error code 0)

• 2 months later...
  • Solution

We don't have computers taking a huge amount of time when running a diagnostic anymore.

Solution provided by Arkasi:

"Try setting the ESET ERA Server service, to logon using domain level credentials, instead of local system account."

Number 5 in the list here:

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN82