file protection not working

hi,

Real-time file system protection is non-functional, on events i can see that driver eamonm can't be instaled, i reinstall the eset but error keeps the same, this error started with the last update.

windows server 2008 R2 Datacenter

Thanks

• Administrators

Did you install ESET File Security 7.1 on the server? If so, please carry on as follows:
- reproduce the issue
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector
- upload the generated archive here.

• Administrators

You have an old 4.5 eamonm.sys driver running. I'd recommend:
- uninstalling EFSW
- running the ESET Uninstall tool in safe mode to make sure that all drivers and files are 100% removed
- install EFSW 7.1 from scratch after starting Windows in normal mode.

ok, i will try to do that, the server is being used, have to wait for wednesday.

I'll give you news later

Thanks

• Administrators

Is it possible that you upgraded from EFSW 4.5 to v7.1? This is not recommend; the correct procedure should be:
- uninstall EFSW 4.5
- reboot the server
- install EFSW 7.1.

not possible i think, we changed recently to eset, this error started to occurred on 28.05.2020, eset has been installed for a month.

when i saw a notification on ECA about a new update that needs restart, I thought I just needed to restart for eset work, i restarted this weekend but error remains, already uninstalled eset but didn't used the unninstal tool, maybe it makes a difference.

• Most Valued Members
18 hours ago, RuiAlas said:

not possible i think, we changed recently to eset, this error started to occurred on 28.05.2020, eset has been installed for a month.

when i saw a notification on ECA about a new update that needs restart, I thought I just needed to restart for eset work, i restarted this weekend but error remains, already uninstalled eset but didn't used the unninstal tool, maybe it makes a difference.

Probably from your logs , Marcos were able to notice an old driver running for your ESET

Probably removing it normally would fix it , but if not you can use the removal tool , restart your PC and then re-install the latest ESET for your server , then you could have an up-to-date driver that belongs to that version.

But as it's an old version lurking then following Marcos instructions would help you solve this if I am not mistaken.

Edited by Nightowl

• Administrators

EFSW 4.5 must have been installed on the server in the past; newer versions do not install the 4.5 legacy driver. Upgrading legacy versions is not recommended; they should be uninstalled first, the system be rebooted and only then the latest version should be installed from scratch.