How can I uninstall without starting in safe mode?

wil222

I'm having a known Windows 10 error that doesn't allow me to start my computer in Safe Mode. Windows won't accept my password even though I can perfectly log into my microsoft account.  Per my understanding it is required to start in safe  mode in order for the uninstaller software to work. Since I cannot start my PC in safe more, does this mean that I will have to reinstall my windows completely in order to get rid of this antivirus? Or is there another way?

Can I perhaps manually delete files associated with the antivirus just to make it stop working? I just want to stop everything associated with it from consuming any network band with,

Edited by wil222

• Administrators

I'm not sure if you can log in to safe mode other than by using your local or domain account. Try logging as a local administrator instead of using a MS account. In normal mode it's not possible to remove the products especially because of self-defense that protects files.

• Most Valued Members
9 hours ago, wil222 said:

I'm having a known Windows 10 error that doesn't allow me to start my computer in Safe Mode. Windows won't accept my password even though I can perfectly log into my microsoft account.  Per my understanding it is required to start in safe  mode in order for the uninstaller software to work. Since I cannot start my PC in safe more, does this mean that I will have to reinstall my windows completely in order to get rid of this antivirus? Or is there another way?

Can I perhaps manually delete files associated with the antivirus just to make it stop working? I just want to stop everything associated with it from consuming any network band with,

You could try Linux Live session which you can do changes from there to Windows , but I doubt removing specific files will render the AV unusable , or could be also the Windows.

I have never done such thing.