USB policy control

Hi All,

I need to help to set new Device-USB policy control for specific computer (if is it possible). Few months ago we set up Device-USB control (Policy1) policy using ERA 7.1.503 which basically means we blocked all usb devices except those which are enabled. But now, we need to create another one, where we want to allow specific usb to specific hostnames but still want to keep Policy1. I created new policy (Policy) which is assigned only to specific hostname where we allow specific usb, but it doesn`t work. When I checked policy hierarchy for that hostname the Policy2 is last one in hierarchy. I thought the last policy should overwrite policy above it. Am I wrong?

Thanks a lot

• Administrators

Did you set to prepend the new rules so that they are added on top of existing rules defined by policies or locally by users?

image.png

Hi Marcos,

See below the settings (picture is from second policy settings), because I want to get both policy applied on that computer:

image.thumb.png.f576f80a8965b79e6c7146e5d5083f4d.png

• Administrators

This policy will replace rules from other policies. In order to keep other Device control rules, change "Replace" to "Prepend".

Hi Marcos,

I implemented your suggestion but still not working (I restarted computer just in case):

image.thumb.png.6b71261c84f48c14d0909363ba697e88.pngUSB settings are correct, because if I disabled this policy and add usb to the Policy 1 where we have group which contains all allowed USB for every computer it is working. I also tried to change "Rules" settings to "Amend" and "Amend".

• 2 weeks later...