Move my product to a new pc

• Administrators

It's very straightforward - uninstall ESET from the old laptop (should be connected to the Internet) and install / activate it on the new one.

• Most Valued Members

23 hours ago, John60 said:

Hi, can anyone please advise how l move my product from one laptop to another, many thanks.

Sometimes it used to happen to me that ESET servers will take a bit of time to notice that you have uninstalled and re-installed on somewhere else , when you get to use your license you will get that it's not possible , give it some time and use the license again it will work (once the servers refresh/update).

Edited by Nightowl

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

Sometimes it used to happen to me that ESET servers will take a bit of time to notice that you have uninstalled and re-installed on somewhere else , when you get to use your license you will get that it's not possible , give it some time and use the license again it will work (once the servers refresh/update).

That shouldn't happen. You'd need to have ESET installed on many machines to have problems like this.

• Most Valued Members
7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

That shouldn't happen. You'd need to have ESET installed on many machines to have problems like this.

It got stuck once for me , and took a while to notice that I left from one PC and trying to come from another

It happened with v4 Linux , but these days it didn't happen to me again.

• Administrators

V4 for Linux is a legacy product which doesn't support activation / deactivation. You simply enter a username and password for update and that's it. If update didn't work it must have been a glitch with your credentials that was subsequently resolved but definitely the issue could not be connected to activation.