Disabling ESET Live Grid

hqsec

I have one question about Live Grid. If I disable it, will be my protection less effective?

According to help file this shouldn't be the case: 

1.You can decide to not enable ESET Live Grid. You will not lose any functionality in the software, and you will still receive the best protection that we offer.

Regards,

hqsec

Edited by hqsec

Hi hqsec

I don't recommend disabling it, because you could end up in the scenario where your infected, and its a zero-day or script not seen by ESET or any vendors before, and with Live grid disabled, you will never receive help until someone else gets infected that is using Live grid.

Live grid will send the data and samples to be looked at and investigated by the research team, then sent back to you ready to clean up your system. (In a very very short sense)

Disabling it will not cripple or render your security software vulnerable. Just less features and more privatized for your data and malware situations.

• Administrators

Disabling LiveGrid is not recommended as it significantly improves protection against new borne malware. With LiveGrid disabled, new malware may be detected with a delay of several hours, ie. at the time it has already infected your machine.