Using GPO auto deployment, it's only deploying to some computers not all.

mtomecki

Using GPO auto deployment, it's only deploying to some computers not all.

The majority of the users use windows 7.

Is there anything I can check, any reason why it might only be deploying to some computers and not all?

We have auto deployed several other applications to all and they worked okay.

Hi,

Could be that the clients are having errors during installation, which will cause the msi to roll back.

Try manually installing on 1 workstation that would not complete the install via gpo.

Could be driver conflict. What was previous security product ?

Manuel installing on the PC works fine, I can remote install as well.

I have had a look in RSOP and and under software settings I can see a software installation for the 32 bit installation and the 64 bit installation. Under the origin column for 32 it says "default domain policy" and under 64 is says "Autodeploy". So I tried to force gpupdate and restarted the PC several times but nothing appears to be changing.

We used to have Kaspersky.

I have also had a look gpresult and that appears correct, autodeploy falls under applied group policy object.

WSUS does not appear to have updated in about 6 months either, I manually updated it yesterday, which I kind of regret because it would be good to find out why GPO is not working for that either....

Thank you very much for your help.

Edited by mtomecki

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to walk back through the basics ....

Workstations didn't fall off the domain ? On Correct domain ? ( remove 1 client and add back, run gpudupdate force again )

( boot client to safe mode, try running a cleanuptool, ESET has an Uninstaller, which will look for driver issues of other security products )

Permissions or ACL to share where msi is located is all good ?

You have a gpo for wsus on your server ? Or you mean the gpo telling clients to update from wsus is not working ?

No problem for the help. Hope you get it figured out.