Jump to content
KatakuriSama

Program activate automatically.

Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm using ESET Internet Security V13. My problem is whenever I pause Web Protection temporary, even I minimize/close all windows Eset program activates automatically. Meaning When I launch a full screen program, it minimizes; also I can't use keyboard because Eset window controls them. I can't see any window, but pressing space bar, enter trigger actions in Eset menu. And everything goes back to normal asap I reactivate Web protection and close ESET. (I only checked web protection. May be the problem could reproduce in others ways too)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard about such issue. Moreover, it makes no sense that it would occur only with web access protection paused. Have you tried uninstalling ESET and installing the latest version from scratch with default settings? Why do you pause web access protection at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Marcos said:

Never heard about such issue. Moreover, it makes no sense that it would occur only with web access protection paused. Have you tried uninstalling ESET and installing the latest version from scratch with default settings? Why do you pause web access protection at all?

I checked today and the same happens when disabling other features too. (Network Protection) I'm pausing because it won't let me to log into my university and VLE website otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you get a specific error message when you try to access your university website?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nightowl said:

Do you get a specific error message when you try to access your university website?

Yes. Threat found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KatakuriSama said:

Yes. Threat found.

Please post the appropriate record (the whole row) from the Detections log. By pausing web access protection there's a chance you allowed a malicious code to run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please post the appropriate record (the whole row) from the Detections log. By pausing web access protection there's a chance you allowed a malicious code to run.

This web page contains potentially dangerous content.
  Threat: HTML/ScrInject.B trojan

 

Also as I said, not only Web protection, it happens when disabling any service.

Access to it has been blocked. Your computer is safe. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector. Prior to collecting logs, select also "Quarantined files" in the ELC menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...