I can't install ESET Internet Security

Hello, 

I purchased a PowerSpec PC running Windows 10 from Microcenter in April this year and when I try to activate and install ESET Internet Security the installer won't let me pick my state no matter how many times I try. I've also tried installing online from the website, but it won't let me either. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've entered all the other information as correctly as possible, I have a serial number not an activation key. 

Thank you for any help.

@Marcos I followed all that and filled in the form, but I got

"The License Key or Retail Code you entered could not be found in our system."

I've never gotten an email from ESET.

@itman  It was installed on the computer when I bought it. 

It's Activation Helper v.2.1

I click "Activate and Install"

I can fill out all of the blanks until I get to "State", after I choose "USA" it doesn't give me an option to choose my state. I can put in my ZIP Code and phone number, but not state. 

I don't understand why this is happening. 

50 minutes ago, annamc88 said:

I can fill out all of the blanks until I get to "State", after I choose "USA" it doesn't give me an option to choose my state. I can put in my ZIP Code and phone number, but not state. 

I don't understand why this is happening. 

It's happened before. Refer to my posting here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/23266-unable-to-select-a-state-during-product-activation/?do=findComment&comment=113263

MicroCenter really needs to clarify Eset activation procedure in the U.S..

@itman I was able to select my state first after re-selecting my country.

Now it tells me "The License Key or Retail Code you entered could not be found in our system."

I don't know where to go from here. 

Thanks you all you help, though

24 minutes ago, annamc88 said:

Now it tells me "The License Key or Retail Code you entered could not be found in our system."

Did you follow the instructions on the activation screen:

Micro Center-Branded PC Purchases:

If you have a PowerSpec branded PC your serial number will be located on the side, top or rear of your PC. (Depending on the series of PC) Enter the serial number (including letters and numbers) in the field below. Click here for help locating the sticker.

If the serial number entry doesn't work and you have an actual Eset license key, enter that instead. Note Eset license keys for the U.S. should begin with USAx- ...................

Also if license key entry doesn't work, you will have to contact MicroCenter tech support since it appears they have a licensing arrangement with Eset.

6 minutes ago, itman said:

Did you follow the instructions on the activation screen:

If the serial number entry doesn't work and you have an actual Eset license key, enter that instead. Note Eset license keys for the U.S. should begin with USAx- ...................

Yeah, I entered the the serial number. I could find that easily. 

I'll give MicroCenter a try. 

I really appreciate your help. :) 

There is also another possibility. It appears the Eset version preinstalled on the device is a trial version: https://www.microcenter.com/tech_center/article/7811/How_to_activate_an_ESET_Trial_on_a_PowerSpec_Computer_or_WinBook_Tablet

Eset trial versions normally expire after 30 days. You stated you purchased the device in April. It is possible that somehow Eset was activated at the place of purchase or upon your first power up of the device. If 30 days have elapsed since then, the trial version has expired.

Nowhere on the installer says it's a trial version...I never installed anything so how could it have expired after 30 days?

• Most Valued Members
1 minute ago, annamc88 said:

Nowhere on the installer says it's a trial version...I never installed anything so how could it have expired after 30 days?

The installer or the GUI won't tell that it's a trial version , but it will warn you that it will expire soon

but it might be the license issued to it , is a trial one , once activated , it starts counting , 30 days.

Refer to this Eset knowledge base article to determine what type of license you have and what its expiration date is: https://support.eset.com/en/view-the-license-expiration-date-for-my-windows-eset-home-product

And again, the only way this can be straightened out is by contacting MicroCenter since they are the source that pre-installed Eset on your device.