I'm currently going through issues with network and internet connectivity (mostly due to an issue with this damned NBN).

Is there a way of 'switching off' the firewall and everything else concerning potential barriers between my windows 10 PC and my local network in a single switch rather than hunting through the interface and switching things off individually?  Or maybe just using the firewall switch is enough?  At the moment I have no internet connectivity due to a log-in problem with my ISP (whose problem is it? I have no idea but suspect it has something to with the NBN affecting the traffic) so it doesn't worry me having an 'open' PC for a short while as I get things working again.

The problem is that I have a connection to the local network, can get an IP address with stated gateway with a wireless connection (or cabled) but then cannot ping the gateway and fear that there is some form of firewall active stopping me.

• Administrators

If ping doesn't work and pausing the firewall doesn't make any difference, I'd recommend temporarily uninstalling ESET and see if it makes a difference.