Upgrade ESMC 7.0577.0 to 7.1.717.0

I am having a trouble upgrading my SMC component to 7.1.717.  I have run the component upgrade through client tasks, which says "Task finished successfully" I have attached a screen shot of the component upgrade.   All components were upgraded but the SMC as show on the Overview screen shot.  The overview file attach still shows the software for the SMC is out of date.  I am running windows server 2008 R2 SP3 and have upgrade the sqlexpress to 10.5.600.34 which I think is needed from what I have read.   Can someone help point me in the right direction.  

component upgrade.PNG

Overview.PNG

• ESET Staff

Officially communicated minimal supported system and database server for ESMC 7.1 are according to documentation:

• Windows Server 2012 x64
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2012+

so It seems you are not meeting minimal requirements. It is possible that installation on older operating system will be possible, but I am not sure. In this case I would recommend to either contact support or try to perform upgrade manually -> installer should provide reason why it is not possible to proceed with upgrade (database or environment backup should be performer prior to this attempt).

Thanks,  I see that now.  I overlooked the software requirement.  I will have to move it my window server 2016 machine.   Do you have a link to send me, to learn how to back up and move the SMC to a different server?  

• ESET Staff

There are few migration scenarios described in documentation, for example Migrated Database - same IP address might be suitable in your case. Crucial is to check migration scenarios which are retaining database content. Also one should be aware specifically to certificates in case of migration scenarios where IP/hostname is changed, as it might result in lost control over already deployed management agents.

I have a second server running 2016 on the same domain, but it will have a different IP address.  I have of site computers that connect through port 2222, I would just need to point the port to then new server.    This sounds like it will be complicated.  I am the back up IT guy, many people lost their jobs here due to Covid.  I am trying my best and appreciate any help you give.  

Edited by DMcCurtain

• ESET Staff
16 hours ago, DMcCurtain said:

I have a second server running 2016 on the same domain, but it will have a different IP address.  I have of site computers that connect through port 2222, I would just need to point the port to then new server.    This sounds like it will be complicated.  I am the back up IT guy, many people lost their jobs here due to Covid.  I am trying my best and appreciate any help you give.  

IP change won't be problem in case ESMC Agents are not connecting to IP directly, i.e if they are using DNS hostname, it should be transparent for them. Also in case AGENT are configured to connect to hostname (not IP) and it won;t change, not even certificates should be an issue.