• Administrators

It's pretty normal. More than 200 MB would be a lot. Memory usage has decreased with the move to dll modules and egui_proxy.

E.g. this is memory usage with an old v8 on Windows XP:

image.png

Hi!

It's normal, ESET use so much RAM because it's update signature thru RAM memory not using CPU. Better performance, one of the reasons why ESET is so light on system.

Edited by Paul.R

Got one more question!! When I first turn on my computer in the morning and everything loads up my eset will be at 50 mb of memory and then when I got to facebook or check my mail it will go up to 90. Then when my computer goes to sleep and then is waken up I noticed that it will go up to a 100mb memory.  Is this normal?

1 hour ago, Purpleroses said:

Got one more question!! When I first turn on my computer in the morning and everything loads up my eset will be at 50 mb of memory and then when I got to facebook or check my mail it will go up to 90. Then when my computer goes to sleep and then is waken up I noticed that it will go up to a 100mb memory.  Is this normal?

If ekrn.exe memory usage keeps going up throughout the day while the PC is on, it would be indicative of a memory leak.

• Administrators

It's normal if memory usage goes up a bit (e.g. if you are downloading a relatively small archive which is unpacked in memory for scanning) but the additional memory should be freed then.

Since doing a windows update this week.  My eset is staying between 60 and 70 mb.  Could it have been something to do with last months windows update?  Thank you for the help

On 5/12/2020 at 11:46 PM, Marcos said:

(e.g. if you are downloading a relatively small archive which is unpacked in memory for scanning

I downloaded eicar in a double ZIP and ESET did not react while I downloaded it. Only when I scanned I got the detection.

So, is ESET still "unpacking" double zipped files during the download????