hello

i have an IPMI system (allowing me to remotely access servers) which still uses jnlp files (java web start or something like that).

So, if i install ESET Smart Security, i can not download eny jnlp file! If i uninstall it - it works ok - i can download and use. If i install it - doesn't download a file.

I've tried disabling everything (except HIPS because it requires a restart) - no luck. How can i whitelist .jnlp files?

• Administrators

Do you get an alert from ESET? If not, does temporarily disabling protocol filtering or pausing the firewall make a difference?

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Just to make sure, did you really disable this setting?

image.png

here are the screens:

image.png.fd7b68455db9dad13aa0d3602f32d04f.png

image.png.5ca469ae5e43b5725580e3c90e2bd337.png

image.png.40ca1d398c2d0a8998df61410e57a8f2.png

image.png.373396c16f67b06659cb5a0c75f2f47c.png

in which menu can i find your screenshot?

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Just to make sure, did you really disable this setting?

image.png

I've found this setting in the "Advanced Setup"

(P.S. it is a bit misleading that have i turned all the knobs off there were still some active protections....)

Anyways, after i've disabled Protocol Filtering - only first 2169 bytes are being downloaded...

@itmanI fully acknowledge the security issue here. The JNLP file is accessed via HTTP, the rest is downloaded via HTTPS. Nevertheless, i think i should not uninstall ESET if i want to use my unsecure stuff, right?

• Administrators

Does temporarily uninstalling EIS and installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus make a difference? With EAV installed, the only protection feature that might cause issues with http(s) communication is protocol filtering.

5 hours ago, locushop said:

i have an IPMI system (allowing me to remotely access servers)

Based on what I am reading here about IPMI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_Platform_Management_Interface , the real question is if Eset compatible with this system configuration? I have my doubts it is.

Edited by itman