Using winzip systems utility

I am using Winzip systems utility and ESET keeps blocking the driver updater and I can't seem to figure out how to exclude it. I opened a ticket with tech support but they never cared to answer.

• Administrators

After creating a support ticket you should have been sent a confirmation email with the ticket ID. Please provide the ID so that we can check the status of the ticket.

As for the PUA, if you think that benefits of using the PUA outweigh possible risks, you can exclude it from detection.
You will need to do it twice since there are two different detections:

image.png

image.png

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, richroberts1 said:

I am using Winzip systems utility and ESET keeps blocking the driver updater and I can't seem to figure out how to exclude it. I opened a ticket with tech support but they never cared to answer.

Replace with 7ZIP or WinRaR

Edited by Nightowl

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, richroberts1 said:

I am not seeing that message. See attached screen shot

Looks like Eset has blacklisted the update server URL. You will also have to exclude that URL if you insist on using WinZip.

• Most Valued Members
10 hours ago, richroberts1 said:

I am not seeing that message. See attached screen shot

eset screen shot.jpg

That seems to be different than Archive WinZIP , I don't trust these software where they just look for drivers and download for you, Microsoft update can do the same , and for GPU , from the control panel of your GPU , you can update your drivers from there also.

If I were you I would just get rid of that software.