nod32 - email protection by client plugins is non functional

I noticed this error/warning on eset nod32 as i was trying resolve an email client mail retrieval problem with yahoo & at&t.

email protection by client plugins is non functional.

what does that mean?

• Administrators

Most likely you disabled integration with email clients but email protection by client plug-ins remained enabled. Since you are using an unsupported email client as you have stated in another topic, disabling integration has no effect in your case.

I use AT&T - POP3S and AOL - IMAPS in my Thunderbird e-mail client with Eset e-mail scanning enabled w/o any issues.

Ensure that the "Enable email protection by client plugins" setting remains enabled as shown in the below screen shot. Although your e-mail client is not one one listed as supported, Eset will still scan IMAPS and POP3S traffic upon download from your e-mail servers. Disabling the Enable email protection setting in effect stops Eset from scanning SSL/TLS encrypted e-mail.

Additionally, you might have to add Eset's root certificate to your e-mail client's equivalent root CA certificate store if it is not present there. Suspect this might be the case since your e-mail client, Claws, is one I have never heard of.

Eset_email.thumb.png.57b2cf65b86fe9b78b9de93a7fd78c24.png

Edited by itman

• 2 weeks later...

ok thanx or the info. 

even tho, i don't use outlook, I've turned it back on so as to avoid that error from showing up. 

eset guys need to fix this issue. its annoying to see a false error.

• Administrators

It's not an issue but feature. The application statuses for various events can be configured in the advanced setup. However, by disabling email protection or integration you won't get any benefit. On the other hand, if you decide to use an email client one day you may forget to re-enable email protection and you won't be protected. That said, I'd recommend to not touch settings that don't need to be necessarily disabled.