Agent installation problem on ESMC 7.1

I need to instal ESMC Agent on domain computers. On some PC's is all right, but most of it no.

- all computers are in the domain, same subnet as ESMC server, there are Win 7 Pro or Win 10 Pro

- for the agent installation I used the server task and agent deployment from ESMC repository, with the domain admin user

- after run of the task on all computers (ESMC detect all computers corectly), 7 computers installed o.k., about 35 computers installed by the execution detail in task, but agent is not installed and computers didn't communicate with the ESMC

- on the target computers where the installation was not correct is no any logs and agent directory. Only there was Eset remote agent instalation service run about the 20 seconds.

- There are the old Eset Endpoint antivirus v5 on all target computers and communicate with the old ERA 5 server with the expiration license (on the ESMC server is updated license)

- I try to switch off firewall on target computers and test the installation again (without success)  

- If I try to install the Agent directly (by hand) on the target computer, the installation was all right without errors and computer starts to communicate with ESMC

I have no idea where is the failure 😞

• ESET Staff
2 hours ago, TBures said:

about 35 computers installed by the execution detail in task, but agent is not installed and computers didn't communicate with the ESMC

This unfortunately happens in case remote connection to device is successful, but installation itself fails. Remote deployment task actually executed AGENT live installer script on remote machine, where most common installation issues are:

• inaccessible ESET repository servers used to download installer itself
  • inaccessible or missconfigured HTTP proxy used to download installer

In case of troubleshooting is required, my recommendation is to create AGENT live installer with default settings, and try to run it locally on affected machine, but using the same credentials. Unfortunately even this might not be enough as remote execution might have other limitations (for example local login might activate some VPN software, etc...).

On 5/5/2020 at 5:34 PM, Marcos said:

You can deploy agent via GPO in a domain or use the ESET Deployment tool as per https://help.eset.com/esmc_smb/70/en-US/deployment_tool.html.

I tried to install Agent via RemoteDeployment toll, and looks like the same problem. RDT shows the succesfull installation in the installation report, bud the agent aren´t on the computer. I will try to instal via GPO 😞

On 5/5/2020 at 8:01 PM, MartinK said:

This unfortunately happens in case remote connection to device is successful, but installation itself fails. Remote deployment task actually executed AGENT live installer script on remote machine, where most common installation issues are:

• inaccessible ESET repository servers used to download installer itself
  • inaccessible or missconfigured HTTP proxy used to download installer

In case of troubleshooting is required, my recommendation is to create AGENT live installer with default settings, and try to run it locally on affected machine, but using the same credentials. Unfortunately even this might not be enough as remote execution might have other limitations (for example local login might activate some VPN software, etc...).

Why I need to use http proxy? Server and stations are in the same network.

How can I test the Eset repository accessibility from the target machine? If I try to install agent via Agent live installer locally with the same settings as remote installation, the agent was installed correctly. 

I try to make new installers for remote installations and it works with RemoteDeployment toll, I don´t know where was the problem 😞 On some machines, where the new installers cannot works (ie "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (CopyFile of bundle installer failed with 0x20)" I was tried the Agent live installer localy (MartinK advice) and it works too.

I think we can close the ticket. Thanks so much for your help.