About ESET Banking & Payment protection

I want to change the default browser of the ESET Banking & Payment protection. I was able to do so in the past but now i don't remember how i did it. i'm stuck with IE and i want to change it to a more modern browser.

So how can i do it?

Edited by Ori0749

• Most Valued Members

Here you can find more detailed help about Banking & Payment Protection : https://support.eset.com/en/how-to-use-eset-banking-and-payment-protection

But I believe where ever you open your banking page between IE , Chrome , Firefox , ESET will respond and open the protected web.

2 hours ago, Nightowl said:

Here you can find more detailed help about Banking & Payment Protection : https://support.eset.com/en/how-to-use-eset-banking-and-payment-protection

But I believe where ever you open your banking page between IE , Chrome , Firefox , ESET will respond and open the protected web.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

You will need to change the default browser in the OS setup.

I already did it but it didn't change it. 

I have my default browser set to Firefox in the OS (Win 10), but when I open BPP it still reverts to Internet Explorer. My bank no longer supports IE, and when I go to my bank website (Chase) on the unsecured area of Firefox, ESET BPP does not open automatically. The icon does not show in the upper right corner of the screen. This is a major PIA and has me wondering if I want to continue using ESET as my security suite protection. Please help with a solution.

gary11111,

Please try to open B&P from the shortcut and go to your bank site, FF should work fine for you this way.

With FF and ESET banking and payment a separate profile is created. You may set your personal security you wish FF to use with B&P in this profile by just opening B&P and choosing FF "options" while in the B&P window (you can use tighter security than normal browser for example).

Personally I love this method of operation, I have just my secure payment sites in the B&P profile. I open B&P from the desktop shortcut when I want to have its extra level of protection while making payments. I even organize my favorites in that profile making the house finances very efficient.  

Getting every site to open as desired is quite a challenge with modern site design. If you supply your bank site the moderators may be able to pass that on to developers to see why it is not opening automatically.

I hope this may help in your enjoyment of ESET, in my opinion one of the best  -- ebill

• Most Valued Members
10 minutes ago, Ori0749 said:

Edge based on chromium

I believe it's not supported by B&P Protection

13 minutes ago, Ori0749 said:

Edge based on chromium

Eset doesn't support Edge use for BP&P. Since this is your default browser, Eset is instead opening IE11. Only work around would be to set your default browser to FireFox or Chrome.

As for as the new Edge chromium based browser support in BP&P, Eset will have to comment on that. It appears Eset is treating it as the old Edge version versus Chrome.

Edited by itman

2 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

1 minute ago, itman said:

Eset doesn't support Edge use for BP&P. Since this is your default browser, Eset is instead opening IE11 instead. Only work around would be to set your default browser to FireFox or Chrome.

As for as the new Edge chromium based browser support in BP&P, Eset will have to comment on that. It appears Eset is treated it as the old Edge version versus Chrome.

LOL. Now I changed the default browser to chrome and Eset B&P opened with with edge.

6 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

4 minutes ago, itman said:

Eset doesn't support Edge use for BP&P. Since this is your default browser, Eset is instead opening IE11. Only work around would be to set your default browser to FireFox or Chrome.

As for as the new Edge chromium based browser support in BP&P, Eset will have to comment on that. It appears Eset is treating it as the old Edge version versus Chrome.

My mistake it is not edge, it's chrome

2 minutes ago, Ori0749 said:

LOL. Now I changed the default browser to chrome and Eset B&P opened with with edge.

Reboot and see if the issue persists.

1 minute ago, itman said:

Reboot and see if the issue persists.

That's OK it was a mistake. i thought it was edge

• Most Valued Members
7 minutes ago, Ori0749 said:

That's OK it was a mistake. i thought it was edge

They are all the same , Chrome , Edge , Chromium , I believe ESET might see them as one, I never tried , but most probably.