Jump to content

ESET is blocking access to my business websites in Chrome


Recommended Posts

I use ESET Smart security premium and the software is blocking access to my business websites with the error that the ssl certificate is old or expired. They are not. I'm hosting with a reputable company and they use the largest SSL-certification provider in the world, Let's Encrypt.

The websites work in all other browsers, only in chrome I get a big red page where ESET claims it's a dangerous website. I have submitted tickets to support and tried to report them as false positives. The websites are about womens and baby items, shoes and clothes as well as SEO / SEM agency websites and other eCommerce shops in normal niches. I have never experienced these errors before after 15 years in the industry.

Sometimes it works to access the sites anyway in Chrome, most of the time I can't. This is of course a massive issue since ESET might be blocking potential customers from a legitimate and safe website. All checks I have run on different platforms have been showing the very same. There is nothing wrong with the certs or the website code.

What to do? ESET is not responding and not taking my calls. They are not responding to the false positive submissions. I have talked to the owner of the host who is also very confused as to why ESET would add the sites to what appears to be a blacklist. If I use any other browser than Chrome everything works as usual and the certs show as fine and safe.

Any recommendations or tips much appreciated. If someone from ESET could have a look at this it would be optimal since I am unfairly banned from doing business on the internet in Chrome according to ESET. I would like to know why.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Please provide the domain / url as well as a screen shot of the alert that you are getting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Well, I never found out how you solved your problem, but I had my own version of solving it. Yesterday I started to learn the fundamentals of on-page SEO and while reading I noticed an ad blocker. I have two plugins installed at once and I decided that one of them most likely interferes with the correct operation of the site (I have come across this before, but this was mainly manifested in the incorrect display of the page). I decided to disable these plugins and this error was gone. I really don't understand how this is related to each other, but it really helped me. Hopefully, if someone else finds this topic, it will be a solution to their problem. Have a nice day, everyone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...