Agent v6.5 installation ended prematurely error

Good morning,

I have some problems installing the Remote Administrator Agent v6.5 (standalone installer MSI) on Windows XP Professional SP3. The installation ends prematurely with the MSI fatal error 2826.

Attached logs with the details of the operations.

Regards

log.txt

Edited by WhiteDark

• ESET Staff

There are various entries indicating problems with permissions. Could you verify that installer is executed with administrator privileges? I would recommend to initiate installation directly from administrative command line if possible.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately the problem was not solved starting the installer from administrator command prompt. The user is Administrator.

Is it possible that the problem is a not updated windows installer (version 3.01.4001.5512) ?

Attached the new log.

Regards

log.txt

I've tried to create the complete installation package from the Remote Administrator server (agent and antivirus). The installation failed (with malware activity warning) and I've read these lines in the logs during the installation of the agent:

Property(S): P_HIPS_STOP_ERROR_CAPTION = HIPS Stop Error
MSI (c) (C0:CC) [19:12:42:921]: Creating MSIHANDLE (1244) of type 790531 for thread 1484
MSI (c) (C0:CC) [19:12:42:921]: Closing MSIHANDLE (1244) of type 790531 for thread 1484
Property(S): P_HIPS_STOP_ERROR_TEXT = Host-based Intrusion Prevention System was not able to stop, therefore installation cannot continue. Please check configuration of the ESET Endpoint Security.

The ESET Endpoint Security is uninstalled and not running...so I don't understand.

Complete log attached

Regards

liveinstaller_20200504171218_eraa.log

• ESET Staff

I would recommend to open standard support ticket as this issues seems to be more complicated - unfortunately I do not seen any obvious reason for failure.

In case there is already some ESET security product installed, I would recommend to check whether disabling HIPS prior to AGENT installation helps (disabling HIPS will probably require reboot).

Also just from curiosity, you are using ERA 6.5 Server when you are installing 6.5 AGENT?

8 hours ago, MartinK said:

Also just from curiosity, you are using ERA 6.5 Server when you are installing 6.5 AGENT?

Yes