System Cleaner: feature request

It would be nice to have an option to see a report on drifted changes detected by System Cleaner.

Also it would be great to have an option to select which settings to reset.

This question has already been raised in the following topics:

Also user Marcos mentioned in this post that you have to:

Use the tool with care and ideally only when undesired changes were made to your system by malware.

Just make System Cleaner more transparent to the end user.

Otherwise this tool is useless for Administrator user (administrator role required to Reset changes) and it raises a lot of questions:

• What changes differ from default settings?
  • Has it been changed by me intentionally or by some malware in the past?
  • What are the default values which will be applied when I click Reset button?

Basically this tool tries to take a control over making a decision which value has to be applied to some particular system setting and doesn't let privileged user (Administrator) to decide.

This makes this tool useless, confusing and actually harmful, since it may reset the changes done by Administrator user intentionally which will affect overall system behavior.

image.thumb.png.72f9eb53616debdf5bcdef306dea92e4.png

• Administrators

This feature is intended for common users who have been hit by malware which changed some system settings and policies. Using the tool the user can reset particular settings and thus avoid reinstallation of the OS.

The tool was in no way meant to be for experienced users who can fix possible issues themselves. 

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Marcos said:

This feature is intended for common users who have been hit by malware which changed some system settings and policies. Using the tool the user can reset particular settings and thus avoid reinstallation of the OS.

The tool was in no way meant to be for experienced users who can fix possible issues themselves. 

This might be the case as I've not looked into it in a while but wondering if it would be helpful to have a warning displayed when using it basically informing the users what you have stated above or something similar.

When the feature came out before it went public I tried it not knowing what it would change as there wasn't a lot of information and then couldn't reverse it or find out what it had changed

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

I do agree on that it's the best option for inexperienced user.

But now I have no sleep as I have to find out what are the 64 modified system settings out of all of the system settings scope :) 

So I believe it would be good to have at least just some report on which settings have been detected as modified. And I believe it's doesn't require alot of efforts to implement it.

Just an idea for the feature.