Microsoft Teams issues

I just had a reply from Eset tech support and they suggested adding rules for the following, I already had the first two so hopefully the third rule will be what resolves for me. I don't have the systems available to me right now to test.

/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app
/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app
/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Teams Helper

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2020 at 9:04 AM, PuterCare said:

I just had a reply from Eset tech support and they suggested adding rules for the following, I already had the first two so hopefully the third rule will be what resolves for me. I don't have the systems available to me right now to test.

/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app
/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app
/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Teams Helper

This does not work.  Users are still have constant dropped Teams calls.  With the Firewall completely off, it's perfect.

13 hours ago, Ashkaan said:

This does not work.  Users are still have constant dropped Teams calls.  With the Firewall completely off, it's perfect.

Since I deployed these rules using ESMC I have not had any reports of Teams issues so I'm not sure what is going on for you but if you take the logs and send to Eset hopefully they can help?

16 hours ago, Ashkaan said:

They added a new app pathway in the latest update and it also needs allowed on the firewall, it is (Renderer)

/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer).app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer)

5 hours ago, conorc said:

They added a new app pathway in the latest update and it also needs allowed on the firewall, it is (Renderer)

/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer).app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer)

Thank you so much!  I'll try this immediately and report back!

18 minutes ago, Ashkaan said:

Based on some early reports, this might be working!

Thank you so much!

No worries, trying to figure out if there is a way to whitelist a higher level of the directory so that if MS make more changes, then it won't be impacted.

Any input @Marcos

Just now, conorc said:

No worries, trying to figure out if there is a way to whitelist a higher level of the directory so that if MS make more changes, then it won't be impacted.

Any input @Marcos

Yes, I'm wondering about the same.  I tried to put /Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/*, but I guess it doesn't like *s.

Would just whitelisting /Applications/Microsoft Teams.app also allow all of the sub folders? 

1 minute ago, conorc said:

Would just whitelisting /Applications/Microsoft Teams.app also allow all of the sub folders? 

Definitely not.  I tested this thoroughly.

6 minutes ago, conorc said:

so this will happen every time Microsoft make a change to the app and there is nothing we can do to prevent it. excellent.

LOL.. that's what it look likes

16 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Theoretically creating an application-agnostic rule should work.

Ya, but I don't think anyone has done the work to figure out what ports Teams uses.  Also, it might be that malware traverses those ports too.  Or, Microsoft adds a port without telling anyone.

I have a ticket with Microsoft and they are refusing tell me what ports and protocols their app uses.

On 11/12/2020 at 6:10 PM, Marcos said:

Theoretically creating an application-agnostic rule should work.

What specific method for this do you mean? 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Tsoden said:

I'll add that I've added these rules, and Teams seems to be functioning properly now.

Where did you get those ports and IPs?

Dos anyone know if there is a way to clone the firewall rules between profiles in ESMC policies i.e. Public, Home and Work? It's annoying to have to switch profile and set up the same rules again manually.

• 3 weeks later...