Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I just had a reply from Eset tech support and they suggested adding rules for the following, I already had the first two so hopefully the third rule will be what resolves for me. I don't have the systems available to me right now to test.

/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app
/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app
/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Teams Helper
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 9/28/2020 at 9:04 AM, PuterCare said:

I just had a reply from Eset tech support and they suggested adding rules for the following, I already had the first two so hopefully the third rule will be what resolves for me. I don't have the systems available to me right now to test.

/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app
/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app
/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Teams Helper
 

This does not work.  Users are still have constant dropped Teams calls.  With the Firewall completely off, it's perfect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ashkaan said:

This does not work.  Users are still have constant dropped Teams calls.  With the Firewall completely off, it's perfect.

Since I deployed these rules using ESMC I have not had any reports of Teams issues so I'm not sure what is going on for you but if you take the logs and send to Eset hopefully they can help?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ashkaan said:

This does not work.  Users are still have constant dropped Teams calls.  With the Firewall completely off, it's perfect.

 

They added a new app pathway in the latest update and it also needs allowed on the firewall, it is (Renderer)

/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer).app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, conorc said:

 

They added a new app pathway in the latest update and it also needs allowed on the firewall, it is (Renderer)


/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer).app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer)

 

Thank you so much!  I'll try this immediately and report back!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ashkaan said:

Based on some early reports, this might be working!

Thank you so much!

No worries, trying to figure out if there is a way to whitelist a higher level of the directory so that if MS make more changes, then it won't be impacted.

Any input @Marcos

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, conorc said:

No worries, trying to figure out if there is a way to whitelist a higher level of the directory so that if MS make more changes, then it won't be impacted.

Any input @Marcos

Yes, I'm wondering about the same.  I tried to put /Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/*, but I guess it doesn't like *s.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would just whitelisting /Applications/Microsoft Teams.app also allow all of the sub folders? 

 

/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer).app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer)
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, conorc said:

Would just whitelisting /Applications/Microsoft Teams.app also allow all of the sub folders? 

 


/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer).app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer)

Definitely not.  I tested this thoroughly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, conorc said:

so this will happen every time Microsoft make a change to the app and there is nothing we can do to prevent it. excellent.

LOL.. that's what it look likes

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Theoretically creating an application-agnostic rule should work.

Ya, but I don't think anyone has done the work to figure out what ports Teams uses.  Also, it might be that malware traverses those ports too.  Or, Microsoft adds a port without telling anyone.

I have a ticket with Microsoft and they are refusing tell me what ports and protocols their app uses.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...