Package missing in repository

Hello,

i can not see latest ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server (7.1.12010.0) in package repository. ESMC reports current version (7.1.12008.0) as outdated but update task ends with this error:

Failed to create task: The referenced repository package is not available.

Repository is configured as AUTOSELECTESET

Security Management Center (Server), Version 7.1 (7.1.503.0)
ESET Security Management Center (Web Console), Version 7.1 (7.1.393.0)

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.7b2baf156863d3bce9a33961f74773f6.png

Edited by Radim

• ESET Staff

Could you please provide more detail, ideally trace logs from client machine (ESMC Agent) and also version of operating system? It is possible that OS is no longer supported, and thus there is no package for such system.

I did a clean ESMC installation because another error. However, the problem with the non-existent package still exists. There are no errors in the client's trace.log. The problem is on all computers running Windows Server 2012 R2. 

After executing "UPDATE ESET PRODUCTS" from ESMC console, the server logs following:

Error: AutomationModule [Thread 7f112d47d700]: ManagementProcessor: Failed to create client task of type SoftwareInstallation. Error: SoftwareInstallationClientTaskConfigValidation: The referenced repository package is not available.
Error: AutomationModule [Thread 7f112d47d700]: SoftwareInstallationClientTaskConfigValidation: The referenced repository package is not available.
Error: ConsoleApiModule [Thread 7f1117451700]: 19 Error while processing CreateClientTask request: SoftwareInstallationClientTaskConfigValidation: The referenced repository package is not available.

Thank you.

• ESET Staff
5 hours ago, Radim said:

I did a clean ESMC installation because another error. However, the problem with the non-existent package still exists. There are no errors in the client's trace.log. The problem is on all computers running Windows Server 2012 R2. 

After executing "UPDATE ESET PRODUCTS" from ESMC console, the server logs following:

Error: AutomationModule [Thread 7f112d47d700]: ManagementProcessor: Failed to create client task of type SoftwareInstallation. Error: SoftwareInstallationClientTaskConfigValidation: The referenced repository package is not available.
Error: AutomationModule [Thread 7f112d47d700]: SoftwareInstallationClientTaskConfigValidation: The referenced repository package is not available.
Error: ConsoleApiModule [Thread 7f1117451700]: 19 Error while processing CreateClientTask request: SoftwareInstallationClientTaskConfigValidation: The referenced repository package is not available.

Thank you.

Could you please specify what version is version check actually offering? It seems that it offers version that is not present in repository - might be for example version that is available only in specific languages.

Also as an workaround, my recommendation would be to manually create software installation task with version of your choice and execute it on not-updated devices.

This is how installed applications look on one from 2012 R2 servers:

image.thumb.png.4ba935e772ec1b39e4660fcf2724b22a.png

If i want to execute new client task i can not see File security at all (after clean installation of ESMC). Follows image with apps, that i am able to install in different locales.

image.thumb.png.a6f49e0d7b33d345abb515353e62401a.png

Problem resolved. After reading old posts here, somebody noted similar problem related to ODBC driver. After downgrading ODBC from version 8.0.19 (unsupported by ESMC) to 8.0.17, packages are again listed in repository.

Thank you.

• ESET Staff
10 hours ago, Radim said:

Problem resolved. After reading old posts here, somebody noted similar problem related to ODBC driver. After downgrading ODBC from version 8.0.19 (unsupported by ESMC) to 8.0.17, packages are again listed in repository.

Thank you.

Great, I was starting to have the same idea as on last screenshots it is clear that there are missing products. I guess you upgraded recently so only few packages were missing.

I think it was about a month ago. But everything seemed working fine until now. Anyway is interesting, that this minor version driver change has that big impact. I didn't read driver changelog, but i guess that version change from 8.0.17 to 8.0.19 should include some bugfixes only.

• ESET Staff
11 hours ago, Radim said:

I think it was about a month ago. But everything seemed working fine until now. Anyway is interesting, that this minor version driver change has that big impact. I didn't read driver changelog, but i guess that version change from 8.0.17 to 8.0.19 should include some bugfixes only.

Unfortunately with 8.0.* drivers we are experiencing such problems. Versions prior to 8.0.16 did not work also. There was even bigger change between 5.3.10 and 5.3.11 resulting in application crashes.

Just for fun. Look into driver changelog. There is nothing special. ORACLE has some secrets :). Anyway thank you for support.

Security Notes:
  Functionality added or changed:
  Bugs fixed:
  Built using MySQL 8.0.

Security Notes:
  * Added support for OpenSSL 1.1
  Bugs fixed:
  * Memory leak while connecting with mysql server (Bug #26194929)
  * Unsafe use of setlocale() (Bug #24814467/83297)
  Built using MySQL 8.0.18

Security Notes:
  Bugs fixed:
  * myodbc-installer does not show all DSN options (Bug #29753227/95290)
  * Connector/ODBC bug when retrieving TEXT records using parameterized
    queries (Bug #28790708/92078)
  Built using MySQL 8.0.17