ESET File Security Update Authorization Failed

Just getting flooded here with what seems to be every single ESET File Security server complaining about "Update authorization failed. Please check if your license is valid."

Checked and license usage is less than the total as well, is there something wrong with the Update server or should we contact support about the licensing issue?

Thanks

Just now, joeaip said:

Same

Thanks makes me feel better that it's not just me while I delete the hundreds of emails :)  I've also filled out an online support form here

ESET North America Support » Business & Enterprise (Server Product) Support » Modules update error or other error message

https://www.eset.com/us/support/contact/

Just to see if that helps get it solved faster.

Same. All Servers.  Also created a support ticket.  Probably an Eset Update Server issue.

Edited by MarcFL

• Administrators

Please provide ELC logs from such machine.

Same. All Servers.  Also created a support ticket.  Probably an Eset Update Server issue.

You've mentioned servers, however, it seems that only consumer licenses are registered with your forum's email address.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, joeaip said:

Same

I was able to find only expired licenses registered with your forum's email address. Please provide ELC logs from a machine that stopped to update or the public license ID.

Same problem, all servers. Cannot attach screenshot, so pasting only licence informations. 

Licence status: Paid

Licence ID: 33D-KSD-8RP

Validity: 29.12.2021

product version: 7.1.12006.0

Same here all File servers. Endpoints OK. I have logged ticket about 8 hours ago but still awaiting response. Glad I am not only one it seems. 

Same here...I sent a PM with my license details..

server eset gui shows valid license...update tab has activate product button...one one server i manually added our key...it contacted activation server and final messgae was activated successfully...when i tried to manually update signature..the actiavte product button was back....

Edited by slarkins

I got about a dozen servers overnight complaining about the same thing.

Reboot didn't fix it, repair install of ESET did not fix it. ERA console isn't reporting an error on any of these.

What's interesting is it's only affecting a handful of servers at a single client where ESET is deployed (I work for an MSP.)

Edited by edotvlad

• Administrators

EFSW should eventually get the latest updates. In the mean time we have been uploading a full credential set on update servers which will take while. We apologize for the inconvenience.

11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

EFSW should eventually get the latest updates. In the mean time we have been uploading a full credential set on update servers which will take while. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Is this a response that would be a fix for all users seeing this issue? From reading your response it sounds like the problem is on the eset update servers and the fix will eventally work itself down to individual servers and fix itself?

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please provide ESET Log Collector logs from such machine.

You've mentioned servers, however, it seems that only consumer licenses are registered with your forum's email address.

I sent you a private message.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

What's the cause of this serious issue?

• Administrators

EFSW should have updated eventually, I've tested it myself. We expect the credentials set to be replicated to update servers within 30 minutes, ie. update should work normally at about 19:00 CEST.

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

EFSW should have updated eventually, I've tested it myself. We expect the credentials set to be replicated to update servers within 30 minutes, ie. update should work normally at about 19:00 CEST.

What's the cause of this issue?

Confirmed, working now in California, USA as well.

My guess is someone mucked up whatever updates valid license files on the update servers or a partial file was synced up or something like that. Might be hard to catch that type of thing internally but hopefully it won't happen again...

Thanks everyone :)