ESET NOD32 Antivirus causing BSOD?

Miiniiw

I'm posting here to ask for confirmation if what he said are true, I can't say to him if he can confirm if its true that would be rude for him trying to help.

I have also read this 
hxxp://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/ehdrv-sys-causing-stop-f4-bsod-buggy-driver.332017 (tl;dr ESET not admitting any part of the blame) so that worries me a little.

• Former ESET Employees

Hi Miiniiw,

I would love to troubleshoot this issue with you! He was correct when he said it's never a good idea to run two real-time scanners together. Almost every time I have seen BSODs after an ESET install it has been due to a driver conflict. Can you PM me a SysInspector log?

• Administrators

In order to determine the cause of a BSOD, we'd need to get a complete memory dump generated during the BSOD for analysis. At the moment, I'm not aware of any issues with ESET's modules or drivers that could result in a crash.

I used two apps for generating Memory Dump/Mini Dump if they are the same.

One was from SF_Diagnostic_Tool from sevenforums.com

One from PCHF from pchelpforum.com

Sry a bit late I did everything as fast as I could.

I think I found the MEMORY.DMP but its 745 MB so cannot upload its beyond the limit allowable upload.

SysInspector-CROMWELLMELFLOR-140424-2213.zip

PCHF.zip

SF_24-04-2014.zip

Edited by Miiniiw

• Former ESET Employees

Are you able to make the BSOD happen again? If so please follow the steps in the link below to get us a complete memory dump created during the BSOD.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN380&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1398355965957

• Administrators

Either you receive a BSOD all of a sudden or you trigger it intentionally. If the lattter, crashes triggered by a 3rd party application cannot be obviously caused by ESET.

Please configure Windows to generate complete memory dumps (or kernel dumps at least) and reproduce the crash that you think might be caused by ESET (ie. perform the sequence of operations that will cause Windows to BSOD without running applications that trigger BSOD). When done, we'll provide you with further instructions how to convey the dump to ESET for analysis.