Issues with EEA 7 on Linux

sysadminPA

Hello,

I have been trying to test the new ESET Endpoint Security 7 for Linux on an up to date Ubuntu 18.04 machine.

The ESET Agent is already installed (version 7.1.503.0) on the machine and reporting to my company's ESMC Server without issues.

I installed ERA 7.0.13.0, activated it via ESMC, updated the modules, and this error is reported in ESMC "Real-time file system protection is non-functional".

I have also attached the log file from the client. 

Hope you can help me get it running.

Thanks in advance!

Emanuel

eea.txt

• Administrators

updated[27959]: ESET Endpoint Antivirus Error: Product is not activated.

Please provide your public license ID.

9 minutes ago, Marcos said:

updated[27959]: ESET Endpoint Antivirus Error: Product is not activated.

Please provide your public license ID.

so it does not work to activate it via ESMC?

On 4/18/2020 at 10:41 PM, Marcos said:

It can be activated via ESMC and your license appears to be ok. Does manual activation as per https://help.eset.com/eeau/7/en-US/?activate_productname.html end with some error? If so, what error is it?

I ran the activation task in ESMC and it was reported to have run successfully. (In the ESMC only the Real-time protection error mentioned above is shown). Also tried to run it on the client in the terminal and am getting this error "Error: Activation failed" and in the logs I see this "licensed[1350]: ESET Endpoint Antivirus Error: Activation was not successful: 0x20515010".

Also want to mention that before I ran the activation task from ESMC when I tried to update module on the client I got a prompt that product is not activated, but after the activation task was reported to have run successfully on the ESMC, I could update the modules with the command on the client. This makes the "Product is not activated." error very weird in my eyes.

26 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Couldn't it be that you have attempted to activate the product using an offline license file?

I think not, because this is the license we use currently with all the other linux clients running EEA version 4.0.95.

On 4/20/2020 at 11:16 AM, Marcos said:

Couldn't it be that you have attempted to activate the product using an offline license file?

I am sorry in case I misunderstood the question. What do you mean by activating it via offline license file?

I have first tried activating it from the ESMC as the agent was reporting to the ESMC that the product was not activated. I ran the activation task and then the ESMC was not reporting that the product was not activated on the client anymore.

But then checking the status of the eea service on the client showed the activation error still as you have seen in my logs snippet.

Afterwards I tried to run the activation command /opt/eset/eea/sbin/lic -k XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX on the client, using the key instead of the placeholder (key that I got by using the credentials in the convertor on your website).

The result was as I have posted above.

Any idea what steps I can try next? Or please let me know if I got anything wrong! Thanks in advance! 

• Administrators

We have re-generated the license file which had an old expiration date for some reason. This has been fixed and activation via ESMC should be successful now. I've also learned that manual activation doesn't work on managed products, hence it was failing with 0x20515010 when you attempted manual activation.

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

We have re-generated the license file which had an old expiration date for some reason. This has been fixed and activation via ESMC should be successful now. I've also learned that manual activation doesn't work on managed products, hence it was failing with 0x20515010 when you attempted manual activation.

Thanks, but unfortunately this did not solve my issue, actually nothing has changed after retrying to activate from ESMC, it still reports successful in ESMC, but on the client I get the same errors.

Screenshot from 2020-04-22 18-07-21.png

• Administrators

Please create activation logs as per https://help.eset.com/eeau/7/en-US/collect-logs.html:

1.Enable activation log service by executing the following command as a privileged user:

sudo /opt/eset/eea/sbin/ecp_logging.sh -e
or alternatively
sudo /opt/eset/eea/sbin/ecp_logging.sh -e -f

to restart the product if essential without any prompt.

2.Try the activation process again. If it fails, run the log collecting script as a privileged user:

sudo /opt/eset/eea/sbin/collect_logs.sh

3.Send the collected logs to ESET Technical Support.

4.Disable activation logs by executing the following command as a privileged user:

sudo /opt/eset/eea/sbin/ecp_logging.sh -d
or alternatively
sudo /opt/eset/eea/sbin/ecp_logging.sh -d -f

On 4/22/2020 at 6:12 PM, Marcos said:

Please create activation logs as per https://help.eset.com/eeau/7/en-US/collect-logs.html:

1.Enable activation log service by executing the following command as a privileged user:

sudo /opt/eset/eea/sbin/ecp_logging.sh -e
or alternatively
sudo /opt/eset/eea/sbin/ecp_logging.sh -e -f

2.Try the activation process again. If it fails, run the log collecting script as a privileged user:

sudo /opt/eset/eea/sbin/collect_logs.sh

3.Send the collected logs to ESET Technical Support.

4.Disable activation logs by executing the following command as a privileged user:

sudo /opt/eset/eea/sbin/ecp_logging.sh -d
or alternatively
sudo /opt/eset/eea/sbin/ecp_logging.sh -d -f

Thanks, I did all you said and send the logs to ESET Technical Support.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
7 hours ago, iblsoft said:

Hello, we've hit the same bug, please can You share solution here ?

Since there may be various reasons for failed activation, I'd recommend to gather logs as per the instructions above and provide them to your local ESET support for perusal.