NOD32 recently started blocking IMAP localhost server

I Use MS Outlook (2010 / 2019) to receive mail from an IMAP account, which is decrypted via a Bridge that uses the localhost server address, (127.0.0.1).

All good up until the end of March, at which point, when I suddenly I stopped receiving new mail via the IMAP account. Another (POP3) account continued to function, as normal.

Ironically, I had to resolve the issue myself, before being able to join / post in this forum.

My question now is, (now that I have stumbled on the solution being that I had to add 127.0.0.1 to a list of Excluded IP Addresses under Protocol Filtering), is mail from the IMAP account still being virus checked?

And, if the answer is No, why not now, when it clearly used to be?

Thank you.

• Administrators

If excluding 127.0.0.1 actually makes a difference, I'd recommend the following:
- try switching to the pre-release update channel in the advanced update setup to receive the latest modules and see if it resolves the issue
- should the issue persist, enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Details for customer care, start Outlook, reproduce the issue, then stop logging and collect logs with ESET Log Collector. When done, upload the generated archive here.