"eset online popup" search: FAIL

hi, not sure Where this should be posted.

tried the eset oniline scan and, okBUT... I need to remove

the popup from my SO'S machine before she clocks me good.

why are there no posts related to this?

please, before I get clobber.....oh...ouch....

• Administrators

First of all, install ESET Internet Security, activate a trial version and run a full disk scan.
If no threat had been found, provide a screen shot of the pop-up that keeps showing up on your screen.

Marco, thanksBUT I can't just install stuff on my SO's machine, and given the posts on issues with ESET (pardon me) that wold not be desirable.

I can post a screenshot when I get back to my SO's place, but it's just a promo screen re downloading full-boat ESET, you should  be familiar with that, perhaps. in any case it's tres irritating; simpler to just inform me / us on how-to totally uninstall whatever is there, but withOUT using the brute-force-run-it-in-safe-mode-ouch uninstaller since it's merely the 'free online scan' module. Possible? I hope so.

I thought I'd deleted the .exe but apparently there's something in the registry..?? or elsewhere?

not nice! a separate uninstall for this should have been created, IMNSHO.

• Administrators

So the issue is not with adware or malware and you're just unable to uninstall ESET via Add and remove programs? ESET can be uninstalled like any other application. In case it fails for whatever reason (e.g. the user removed the msi installer from c:\windows\installer), it's possible to use the ESET Uninstall tool in safe mode.

• Most Valued Members
On 4/14/2020 at 7:58 PM, Jammer said:

Marco, thanksBUT I can't just install stuff on my SO's machine, and given the posts on issues with ESET (pardon me) that wold not be desirable.

I can post a screenshot when I get back to my SO's place, but it's just a promo screen re downloading full-boat ESET, you should  be familiar with that, perhaps. in any case it's tres irritating; simpler to just inform me / us on how-to totally uninstall whatever is there, but withOUT using the brute-force-run-it-in-safe-mode-ouch uninstaller since it's merely the 'free online scan' module. Possible? I hope so.

I thought I'd deleted the .exe but apparently there's something in the registry..?? or elsewhere?

not nice! a separate uninstall for this should have been created, IMNSHO.

I gather your issue is with the online version. As far as I know it is not installed and deleting the files normally fixes it.

You mention you can't install eset due to the posts about issues with eset. Which issues are you meaning? If you've experienced an issue normally reporting it gets it fixed. Generally speaking I've always found eset stable 

• Administrators

I second that, users speak even about our beta versions as extremely stable compared to other companies' betas. If there are any issues that you are concerned of, please let us know since we are not aware of any serious ones.

• Most Valued Members

I'd like to also point out that while there are active users on here e.g. Itman, most users only sign up when they have an issue and then never post again. Most users never have any issues so never both to sign up so while you may mostly see people asking for help, the majority of users have never had an issue and so you won't see them on here. I suppose people are better at complaining than praising.