Eset Internet Security Ver 13.1.21

I have some questions about EIS Ver 13.1.21.0

1. How to check whether SSL filtering or Web access protection is enable  for Eset internet security ver 13.1.21.0

2. What shall I do for System cleaner (If i click Reset all , then what will happen)?

3. Why Cloud based Protection asking (Submit anonymous statistics) and information about our system?

once we install Eset internet security it's ask only "Enable Eset LiveGrid reputation system (recommended) only" ,other options aren't there in the installation process !.  whether  we can switch off other three options in cloud based protection?.

Eset.jpg

Eset 1.jpg

1 hour ago, Prash said:

1. How to check whether SSL filtering or Web access protection is enable  for Eset internet security ver 13.1.21.0

Eset_Web_Access.thumb.png.b7ce57bc2dc59100c9027ee73ae3929f.png

Eset_SSL.thumb.png.8bea5eb924c1279b29d0008e3ffc1088.png

1 hour ago, Prash said:

2. What shall I do for System cleaner (If i click Reset all , then what will happen)?

Leave that area alone unless instructed otherwise by Eset technical support.

1 hour ago, Prash said:

3. Why Cloud based Protection asking (Submit anonymous statistics) and information about our system?

Eset wants to collect product use and performance data about its installations. If you're uncomfortable with this, simply disable the option.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Prash said:

once we install Eset internet security it's ask only "Enable Eset LiveGrid reputation system (recommended) only" ,other options aren't there in the installation process !.  whether  we can switch off other three options in cloud based protection?.

Submitting statistics is not mandatory but it helps us if we know what malware is detected on our users' computers. This can be then reflected at virusradar.com for instance.

During installation you are asked about the LiveGrid Feedback system. We recommend enabling it so that any new or known malware you come across is submitted to us. This enables us to create a proper detection and cleaning for instance. The more users enable the LiveGrid Feedback system, the more likely we will be able to handle new malware properly also on your machine.

As for the LiveGrid Reputation system, it queries LiveGrid servers with hashes of files and also receives information about blacklisted files and urls without the need to wait for a module update. It is an important system which improves overall protection, ie. detection, cleaning and performance as well.

Thank you for ITman and Marcos Sir for your reply.

I was click on "Reset" button then I got the result for this (please find the jpg image). is't ok for my Eset internet security for full protection for my home pc.

Additional Q: Can I use EIS license for my Android Mobile instead for my PC ?

Does EIS support for all Intel 10th generation series (G,U,Y) processor? 

EIS ver 13.jpg

Edited by Prash

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Prash said:

Thank you for ITman and Marcos Sir for your reply.

I was click on "Reset" button then I got the result for this (please find the jpg image). is't ok for my Eset internet security for full protection for my home pc.

Additional Q: Can I use EIS license for my Android Mobile instead for my PC ?

Does EIS support for all Intel 10th generation series (G,U,Y) processor? 

EIS ver 13.jpg

The system cleaner basically resets windows settings to their defaults. It is recommended to be used only when instructed by eset. The idea behind it is that it could be used to remove changes leftover by malware.

The problem is that it doesn't tell you what changes where made and there isn't a way to undo them so any user made changes get changed back to their default. If you have no reason to presume you've been infected it is best to leave it 

5 hours ago, Prash said:

Looks like you ignored by previous recommendation.

As posted above, this option resets your Windows installation to default settings. The problem with this option is it has no way of recognizing any previous manual modifications you made or those made by specialized utility software you might have run to do the same. For example, Windows System Restore settings. I for one have multiple drives installed on my device. I only want my OS installation drive to be backed up via System Restore. I modified System Restore configuration settings to reflect this. If I were to use Eset's Reset feature, it would reset System Restore back to its default setting to backup all my drives.

The problem with Eset's Reset feature is:

1. It doesn't show what settings it has detected as modified.

2. It provides no granularity capability to selectivity set what settings that should be reset to default settings.

Again, this Eset Reset option is only supposed to be used after a malware infection where the likelihood is high that Windows settings have been modified by the malware.

Edited by itman

Does EIS 13 support for the 10th gen mobile series cpu , gpu and chipset ?  

because in Tools > running process > number of users are showing green color for all applications but intel command control , gpu and chipset applications are showing yellow color. Why they are in yellow color?

23 minutes ago, Prash said:

because in Tools > running process > number of users are showing green color for all applications but intel command control , gpu and chipset applications are showing yellow color. Why they are in yellow color?

LiveGrid shows good Reputation status; i.e. green status, based on a number of factors including app code signing certificate, Trusted Publisher, number of Eset users, and heuristic analysis statuses. Yellow color just indicates that one of the previous statuses are not at the level to warrant a good status ranking. Red colored status on the hand, indicate risky processes.

Eset Reputation status ranking has absolutely nothing to do with the hardware installed in your device.

Ref.: https://help.eset.com/eis/13/en-US/idh_page_cloud.html

Edited by itman

Thank you ITman and all others for the reply. 

Eset Internet security is amazing product. it takes only 70MB for ram, 10% of cpu and 700MB hdd usage. 

Really Eset Internet security is very very simple and smart.