Constant Threat being received

JillCourt

I am continuously getting a message from Eset NOD32, in fact each time an email comes through, regardless of who it is from showing as attached. I have looked for the file in question which is in the form of an email address and the subject is *** SPAM *** PAYMENT DEMAND, with a date stamp of Thur 9 Apr 2020, and there is no sign of it anywhere. Not in spam, deleted or junk.

image.png.1f39afbec3d5c84aaed241ccb806772f.png

Does anyone have any ideas on either where to look so I can delete this email to stop the message coming up or how to simply stop the message. It is worrying the life out of me!

• Administrators

Do you receive email via IMAP, MAPI from an Exchange server or via another protocol? Do you have the email account on your company's mail server? What mail server is it?

Whoa, ok. That is a lot of technical jargon that I only 1/2 understand :-). I do know that it is via IMAP. I have my own domain which is looked after by an IT company for me, however, they have very little input unless I have a serious problem. Looking at the settings the 'mail server' is simply mail:<my domain>.

Does this make sense?

• Administrators

When adding an account, you can select the service:

image.png

Or you can check the account type later here:

image.png

Do you have access to your email via a web interface as well?

No. the only way that my email could be set up on outlook was manually via the POP or IMAP option (I watched my IT man do it on the screen remotely for me as outlook could not find it automatically).

I do not have access to my emails via a web interface.