Exception Code: c0000409
  Exception Data: 0000000000000007
  OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 5146
  Additional Information 1: 963c
  Additional Information 2: 963cae26e7214642497ef0f3fa8ce553
  Additional Information 3: 118f
  Additional Information 4: 118f942bf1ff6b8eaff6f85fcaa12f82

Not only that. Something is wrong with the time on my PC. Look at the time on this picture!!.
I'm so confused cause I don't know what's going on.

post-364-0-83528900-1398258743_thumb.jpg

I tried to change my time via BIOS but it just won't work.

It keeps coming back to this - 23.4.16314!!! 

Also I can't syncronise my time with an Internet time server

ESET service is active in task manager.

Never seen anything like this.

Scanned my PC with HitmanPro. Got the message that my license is expired (because of time, probably) - No infection.

Edited by Nedim

• Administrators

Are you able to set a correct system date via gui or the "date" command?

As for egui crashes, please create a dump file of egui.exe (available from the right-click context menu in the Task manager), compress the dump, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link. We'll have a look at the dump and will try to determine the cause of the crash. In a personal message, also enclose the output of running ESET Log Collector.

Are you able to set a correct system date via gui or the "date" command?

As for egui crashes, please create a dump file of egui.exe (available from the right-click context menu in the Task manager), compress the dump, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link. We'll have a look at the dump and will try to determine the cause of the crash. In a personal message, also enclose the output of running ESET Log Collector.

No Marcos, that's impossible. Thanks for your reply.

I'll try to do that.

All applications are going to give you problems if your system date is not corrected prior to going into windows, or able to be re-set once inside windows.

If you set the correct date and time in the bios, and then upon reboot it does not stick, you may need to replace your cmos battery which gives the computer power to store date/time settings when the board is getting no power at all.

All applications are going to give you problems if your system date is not corrected prior to going into windows, or able to be re-set once inside windows.

If you set the correct date and time in the bios, and then upon reboot it does not stick, you may need to replace your cmos battery which gives the computer power to store date/time settings when the board is getting no power at all.

Yes I know that. I'm using laptop. After third attempt I managed to set my time. It's working now but the main question is What happened in the first place?

Thanks Arakasi.

Your welcome, yes laptops are totally different and some have weird batteries, sometimes soldered or permantenly attached requiring reset through jumpers or jumping resistors to short out the circuit.

You may have just had some bad power in the board ? Power cycling usually fixes.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Could the CMOS/RTC backup battery in your computer have failed? It it was serves as a power source for the clock when the computer is disconnected from AC line power, and if it does not provide enough current to keep the CMOS memory charged, the date and/or various BIOS settings will be off/behave oddly.

Many systems, use a +3VDC CR-2032 lithium coin cell for their backup batter, although in some cases it may be installed in a wiring harness to connect it to the motherboard/system planar. I have seen some motherboards' CMOS memory not hold their settings with a battery at +2.975VDC (measured with a multimeter), so if yours is anywhere below that, replacing it might solve the date problem.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky