Posted (edited)

I'm getting warnings of DNS update.eset.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.  Is there anything I need to be worried about?

Edited by Purpleroses

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Purpleroses said:

Eset1.thumb.PNG.c76a98afba287edc98fb32065132f917.PNGEset1.thumb.PNG.c76a98afba287edc98fb32065132f917.PNG

I'm getting warnings of DNS update.eset.com timed out after none of the configured car hostel dubaiDNS servers responded.  Is there anything I need to be worried about?

Hello, I am also suffering from DNS issue from a Week, hope some one answer to solve it.

Edited by deanjones

Is the hostname resolved if you run "nslookup update.eset.com" ?

52 minutes ago, Purpleroses said:

How do you look up nslookup update.eset.com

Open a command prompt window and then enter;

nslookup update.eset.com

Your output should look something like this:

Eset_nslookup.thumb.png.5601b17fc79c633773a1dbcecf1ede94.png

My output looks just like yours but the ip address for eset is 38.90.226.40

If you run update, is a new warning record generated in the event log? If you run update repeatedly, is a new record generated each time you run update? If you do a DNS look-up, is a new warning record generated?

No there is no new warning recorded in the event log if I manually update.  But at 3:31pm today when it automatically looked for updates there was a new event in the event log.   If I do the  DNS lookup there is no new warning either.

Again using command prompt window and the IP address returned via previous nslookup, ping that IP address as shown in the below screen shot. Reply should be almost instantaneous.

Eset_Ping.png.b21d0be40c005592d095c5e4fca41731.png

Eset is updating I don't have any errors in eset.  Every module is successfully updated!! Was just seeing sometimes the warnings in Win event log.

1 hour ago, Purpleroses said:

Eset is updating I don't have any errors in eset.  Every module is successfully updated!! Was just seeing sometimes the warnings in Win event log.

Then that's a lot better situation.

The only Warning 1014 log entries I ever received on my Win 10 1909 build are for wpad timeouts at logon time which I have seen every since I have been on Win 10.

I really have no clue why these Eset related Win Event log entries would be created on your build. It might be related to the DNS provider you are using.