Eset internet security 13.1.21 issue

After upgrade to latest version 13.1.21 the "submit sample for analysis" isn't available in more tools option for eset internet security. Why is that?.

5 hours ago, Prash said:

After upgrade to latest version 13.1.21 the "submit sample for analysis" isn't available in more tools option for eset internet security. Why is that?.

More in general, when you can't find an option inside all those menus, one thing you can do is

1) Access "Setup"

2) Click on any Tab

3) Inside the tab you decide to click on, left click on any "gear" icon and select "Configure"

4) Once inside any of those configuration windows, there is a search box (which i don't understand why ESET didn't put it in the main window to avoid all those clicks)

5) Insert any part of the definition of the setting you are looking for

6) The results found across all the menus and settings will appear.

ESET SEARCH.png

Thank you Marcos Sir and itman for your reply. Swamp yankee screenshot is correct. It's look like that image.

I think Eset internet security is most useful for advanced users only, because basic usuers like me it's very confuse to use.  Because I know only to install on windows 10. But these settings I don't know whether I want to switch on or off.

In Advance setup there is somany numbers are showing infront of each topic. Why is that? 

Ex:-

Hips -1

Network protection - firewall -2

Parental control - 1

When I run full scan or normal scan I never seen my eset internet security not scan uefi area. But in Eset website they mention eset protect uefi also. Whether I want to do any settings for that scan. I'm not a advance user.

I brought eset internet security because of that use (uefi protection and malware protection)

Please mention what are the settings we need to do, I fully trust eset internet security only. 

In future products please keep these settings as default, because it's very helpful for Eset regular customers and new customers (like me).

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Prash said:

I think Eset internet security is most useful for advanced users only, because basic usuers like me it's very confuse to use.  Because I know only to install on windows 10. But these settings I don't know whether I want to switch on or off.

This is not true. ESET products are easy to use; you just install them and that's it. You shouldn't notice ESET running unless a threat has been detected or if your license is due to expire.

ESET Internet Security is ESET NOD32 Antivirus + firewall + network attack protection + antispam + Anti-Theft. If you don't use a laptop, you don't need to enable Anti-Theft and the other modules work fully automatically.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus does not protect from bruteforce attacks nor exploitation of vulnerabilities in network protocols, if not patched.

The numbers next to settings in the advanced setup indicate the number of changes compared to default settings.

6 hours ago, Prash said:

In future products please keep these settings as default, because it's very helpful for Eset regular customers and new customers (like me).

When Eset is installed originally, all its settings are at default values. When an Eset in-program product update is performed, all existing settings are retained. The same applies if you download an off-line installer version and run that to perform an "on top" installation over the current version.

As far as your current Eset GUI settings are concerned if they are not at default values, it is because you manually changed them. Another way your default settings could have been changed is if you previously saved your settings via Eset's settings Export feature and sometime later used the Eset Import feature.

If you want to reset Eset back to its original default settings, the easiest way to do so is:

1. Uninstall your current version.

2. Download from the Eset web site that latest product version you have a license for.

3. Install the latest Eset version you downloaded.

Note: The above obviously will result in any custom Eset GUI changes you manual made being removed.

@Prash Well the reason why you did not have it, and why I did not have it, is because we both unchecked "Enable ESET LiveGrid feedback system" during the install. You need to have that 'enabled' under 'Cloud-Based Protection' in Advanced Setup. I have always unchecked that during install and then I always check the 'Enable' on the bottom PUA Detection choice.

KB5552Fig1-1C.jpg

Edited by Swamp Yankee

Thank you for the reply Marcos Sir,itman and swamp yankee.

I have some questions about Eset internet security.

1. What is the minimum cpu speed requirement and ram capacity. Eset website they didn't mention that.

2. Why recommended options are keep for optional (tick or untick) for the installation. (Ex:- Enable Eset LiveGird Feedback system (recommended)).

3. What is the different between "Unwanted application and Unsafe application" in Advance setup - detection engine.

4. How I can scan the UEFI bios by eset internet security. What are the settings I need to do.

5. Which browser is most suitable for eset internet security (Edge, internet explorer, Mozilla firefox, Google chrome, chromium edge or opera).

6. How to clear infected files in quarantine folder and how I make sure those infected files are fully deleted from my pc. (what happen if I use system recovery software for other purpose)

7. Why system cleaner in more tools option showing (Reset All - 2) message for first time after we change the windows wallpaper.

8. If I disable "Sysmain and Windows search" in services.msc, whether it's affect the Eset protection.

9. When I run the full scan, Eset scan results showing "unable to open files -4". Why is that? (all the settings are default, there is no changes), But Earlier Windows defender scan all the files.

10. How to enable "Eset browser advisor". for safe search.

• Administrators

1, See https://help.eset.com/eis/13/en-US/?sysreq.html:

32-bit (x86) processor with SSE2 instruction set or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GHz or higher
In fact. ESET should run even on low-end machines with CPUs without SSE2 support. Generally if Windows starts and runs fine , ESET should run there as well.

2, We recommend keeping the LiveGrid Feedback system enabled for maximum protection.

3, Please read https://support.eset.com/en/kb2629-what-is-a-potentially-unwanted-application-or-potentially-unwanted-content. Conversely potentially unsafe applications are legitimate tools that can be misused in the wrong hands, e.g. password or license key viewers, process killers, etc.

4, UEFI is scanned automatically during startup scans in certain time periods. You can also select it as a target in the on-demand scanner.

5, It doesn't matter, basically ESET works with any browser. Only SSL filtering requires that a non-portable version of the browser is installed, otherwise you'd need to import the root certificate to the browser manually.

6, Files in quarantine are stored in a safe form. They usually don't take up a lot of disk space so you don't have to do anything with them. However, you can delete the content of quarantine at any time if you think that you will not need the files any more.

7, Don't use the System cleaner unless you are instructed to or you know what you are doing. The wallpaper is one of the things that the cleaner restores.

8, It shouldn't affect ESET.

9, There is a bunch of files and folders which are exclusively used by the operating system and other applications cannot access them. Another possibility is that the current user does not have read permissions for such files or folders.

10, There is nothing like "browsing advisor". If a website is known to be malicious, it will be blocked automatically. If a website contains malware, the malware will be detected and blocked automatically as well.

Thank you for your reply Marcos Sir,

I didn't unterstand the following answers

4. How to select UEFI as a target in the on-demand scanner.

5. Can I use chromium edge 64bit browser for Eset internet security.

6. How I can make sure the infected files are totally deleted from my HDD. (Nowadays somany recovery software is available to recover the files).

7. Why cleaner restores the wallpaper after we change the wallpaper to windows. What is the main function of the system cleaner in Eset internet security. It's function is only restore the wallpaper for windows nothing than other function.

9. Those bunch of files doesn't have any spyware, adware or phishing !.

• Administrators

4, See below:
image.png

5, Yes, you can. However, Banking and payment protection does not currently support it.

6, When ESET detects malware, it cleans it and quarantines the original file(s). They are stored in an encrypted form on the disk and can be restored / decrypted only through ESET's gui.

7, The purpose of the System cleaner is to provide a tool that can restore certain Windows settings typically changed by malware to defaults. The tool cannot distinguish between changes made intentionally by the user and changes made by malware. Typically it's ransowmare that replaces the wallpaper with payment instructions. Use the tool with care and ideally only when undesired changes were made to your system by malware.

9, If certain files are exclusively opened by the operating system, it's not only the antivirus that cannot access them but even possible malware can't access them either.

9 minutes ago, Prash said:

In future then and their I randomly check my Eset internet security with eicar test file. https://www.eicar.org/?page_id=3950

If you want to check Eset security functionality, I recommend this web site: https://www.amtso.org/security-features-check/ . The two file download tests are indeed the eicar test file. Ditto for the archive tests which imbed the eicar test file in those.

Thank you all of you for the reply. Really Eset is good product, it's best for Google chrome browser.

Why Eset is non certified product https://www.av-test.org/en/it-security-product-overview/

1 hour ago, Prash said:

To begin, non-certified in the context of this web page will also be given for products that don't participate in a particular AV-Test series.

Eset does not participate in the AV-Test Home products test series. However and as shown, Eset participates in the Business Test series. Eset in the forum has previously replied that they don't participate in the Home Test series as a cost saving measure. Ditto for Malware Research Group real-time testing; Eset only participates in the commercial test series. Additional justification stated by Eset is because Eset Home and Endpoint versions contain essentially the same features in regards to real-time, web access, HIPS, etc. protections.

Below are links to AV labs that test Eset Home products:

https://www.av-comparatives.org/consumer/

https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/2019_Online_BankingQ4.pdf

https://selabs.uk/en/reports/consumers

https://www.virusbulletin.com/testing/results/latest/vb100-antimalware

This non-AMTSO member AV lab also tests Eset Home products;

https://avlab.pl/checklab-test-best-solutions-protect-workstations-micro-and-small-companies

Edited by itman

I already inform to all if you, "Eset product is best in World, and we're happy to use". Eset is best always, not only me my friends also started to use Eset product. 

Thank you Marcos Sir, Itman and passingby for all the reply.