super large diagnostics file even though diagnostics have been disabled

dmm108

I know that this topic has been addressed several times over many years.  However, months ago I disabled diagnostics and got rid of large files clogging my hard drive.  That didn't stop ESET from recreating over 350GB of diagnostics files and making my computer unusable.  I am attaching to screenshots - one showing that diagnostics are disabled, and the other listing the files and their sizes.   I have had no manual interactions with ESET at all since the last time I removed the files.

I have been using ESET for over a decade, it is my protector of choice, but I need to know how to truly disable diagnostics for me to continue to use it.  

Thanks for any help.

ESET-diag-files.JPG

ESET-diag-setting.JPG

Edited by dmm108
correction

• Administrators

Unfortunately your screen shot does not show if you actually have advanced diagnostic logging disabled. Most likely not because changes in default settings are indicated according to your screen shot.

image.png

Hi Marco -

Thanks for your reply.  I'm not sure if you were showing me the advanced logging screen shot as an example of what it should be, but mine matches yours, as shown here.  If I am misinterpreting your reply plesae let me know, otherwise,  where  do we go from here?  

Thanks for your help.

David

eset-advanced-logging.JPG

• Administrators

1, Change the dump type to full. This is useful for investigation in case that ESET crashes.

2, With advanced logging disabled you can delete the content of the Diagnostics folder. New logs won't be created unless you enabled advanced logging.

39 minutes ago, Marcos said:

1, Change the dump type to full. This is useful for investigation in case that ESET crashes.

2, With advanced logging disabled you can delete the content of the Diagnostics folder. New logs won't be created unless you enabled advanced logging.

I'm happy to do that.  However, if new logs aren't created unless advanced logging is enabled, which it isn't, how do you explain the massive log files shown in my first post?

• Administrators

You must have enabled advanced logging recently. It could have been enabled from ESMC and then disabled.

I don't recall that,  I'm pretty sure I turned off everything when this happened a few months ago.  But it's off now, and hopefully there won't be another occurance.   Thanks again for your help.