Can't access EMS interface

Hello,

I am using a Motorola Atrix MB860 with Android 2.3.6.

I am not being able to access the EMS interface, since it gets closed almost instantly. Sometimes I can't even see the interface, sometimes I am only able to see it for less than a second.

I tried to uninstall EMS, but I am not able to do it, since the uninstallation always fails (due to the password protection, I assume).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am using a Motorola Atrix MB860 with Android 2.3.6.

I am not being able to access the EMS interface, since it gets closed almost instantly. Sometimes I can't even see the interface, sometimes I am only able to see it for less than a second.

I tried to uninstall EMS, but I am not able to do it, since the uninstallation always fails (due to the password protection, I assume).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Go to Settings->Security->Device Administrator and uncheck ESET. Enter your password.

After that you must be able to uninstall EMS.

Edited by ugly

Perfect! That did the trick! :)

However... I could completely erase the data from EMS from Settings -> Applications -> Manage... So, in case the phone is stolen or lost, anyone could simply erase the data as I did and the password in EMS won't have any effect.

Not totally complaining, but I see a flaw right there.

Anyways, thanks for your help! :)

• ESET Staff

pfr2014,

We're aware of this issue and are working on a solution in future versions of EMS. I'm glad that you were able to get the phone working again, thanks for keeping us posted, sorry for the inconvenience.