uTorrent

Hello,

I'm using ESET ENPOINT SECURITY on my PC.
I'm not able to install uTorrent as ESET refuses it.
Any tips for me on how I can solve this ?

thanks

Lauent

• Most Valued Members
On 3/27/2020 at 11:18 PM, LaurentM said:

thanks Aranud87, I will try this !

You were linked a download manager and not a torrent client

Use Deluge/Qbittorrent as torrent client , and ditch download managers they are useless most of the times and can be adware more than a download manager.

• Most Valued Members
17 minutes ago, LaurentM said:

Hello Nightowl,
thanks for your feedback. I will try Qbittorrent first,

didn't managed to locate DELUGE download

You can find it in the Settings of Deluge

---

It's forbidden to discuss torrent websites here , nobody can give you recommendation about torrent websites in this forum , probably your post will be hidden also , you can save yourself the warning and hide it :P

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Nightowl said:

You were linked a download manager and not a torrent client

Use Deluge/Qbittorrent as torrent client , and ditch download managers they are useless most of the times and can be adware more than a download manager.

I do use FDM myself. Not for torrents, but it can do torrents to. I believe it is open source - had no issues with it myself but then again that means nothing - seems one of the better ones though. Only thing is some features are missing that some paid versions have.

• Most Valued Members
15 hours ago, peteyt said:

I do use FDM myself. Not for torrents, but it can do torrents to. I believe it is open source - had no issues with it myself but then again that means nothing - seems one of the better ones though. Only thing is some features are missing that some paid versions have.

Download managers were useful back in the XP days when everyone had a bad internet that could get his/her download interrupted suddenly so a manager can keep it alive somehow , but I still don't like/trust these softwares especially there are no reason for them (for my usage)

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Nightowl said:

Download managers were useful back in the XP days when everyone had a bad internet that could get his/her download interrupted suddenly so a manager can keep it alive somehow , but I still don't like/trust these softwares especially there are no reason for them (for my usage)

I do find they seem quicker but could be in the mind. I also like it for resume capabilities and being able to organise more, scheduling etc.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, peteyt said:

I do find they seem quicker but could be in the mind. I also like it for resume capabilities and being able to organise more, scheduling etc.

This is right , also you can limit the speed while Chrome/Firefox doesn't let you do this