Installation failed Error Code: MSI.1923

Hello, when I try to install ESET NOD32 Antivirus I get the Error Code: MSI.1923

It says "There was a problem to install ESET product on your device", after running the troubleshooter and I restarted my laptop but it still didn't solve the problem

I could not find a lot of information about this error on the internet, could anyone help me with this?

Thank you

eset security.png

• Administrators

Product: ESET Security -- Error 1923. Service 'ESET Service' (ekrn) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

Most likely the current user doesn't have full permissions for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services. Are you able to create a new registry key there and then deleted it? Be careful to delete just the newly created key.

The Administrators group and the system account must have full control granted.

9 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Product: ESET Security -- Error 1923. Service 'ESET Service' (ekrn) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

Most likely the current user doesn't have full permissions for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services. Are you able to create a new registry key there and then deleted it? Be careful to delete just the newly created key.

The Administrators group and the system account must have full control granted.

can you tell me how to make a new registry key there and then delete it?

Are you logged on to Windows under the default limited admin account? If you are logged on under a standard user account, it doesn't have sufficient privileges to install Eset.

Is this device part of a corporate network? If so, the system admin might have employed group policy restrictions on user devices to prohibit any software installation.

For the registry services key mentioned, verify that Administrators is listed and it has Full Control as shown in the below screen shot. -EDIT- Likewise, Creator Owner should be also listed. It should show Special permissions assigned. Mouse clicking on the "Advanced" tab should it has Full Control.

Note: Do not change any registry permissions or anything unless else unless you know what you are doing.

Eset_Perm.png.3777b3777baf9aa5296d3cb51f07fb3c.png

Do you have UAC set at its default level? You should be receiving a UAC alert from the Eset installer when it starts to allow escalation to Admin level as I recollect.

Edited by itman